Vacationist: St. John, New York City, Charleston, Palm Springs and more
St. John's Galley Bay has its trump cards (private plunge pools; a brand-new spa; meandering lagoons) but our hearts are set on the big city—the sights, the sounds, the hustle and bustle. Thankfully, Vacationist gets it right this week, with impressive hotel deals in the Caribbean and New York, Charleston, and sunny Palm Springs. The city sales go live tomorrow, so shine your shoes and back your bags, and sit tight until logging on at noon EST. Then the all of these getaways are yours to enjoy, for less!
Still not a Vacationist member? Click here to join.
- Galley Bay Resort & Spa – up to 61% off
- St. John, Antigua and Barbuda
- When guests arrive, they are greeted by a blue lagoon that's home to numerous tropical plants, flowers, and birds. The rest of this secluded resort awaits over the lagoon's bridge—a quick golf-cart ride away. The rooms and suites are just steps from the beach and decorated in tasteful seaside décor,while cottages are equipped with private plunge pools and feature Tahitian accents. To round out the experience, Galley Bay also has three restaurants and bars and a recently built spa with a well-curated menu of treatments...(4 days)
- The James New York
- New York, NY
- Just two months after the hotel's September 2010 opening, The James in New York City is already a welcome addition to downtown Manhattan's skyline. The building itself has a striking steel-and-glass exterior, while interior spaces are calming—a world away from the hustle and bustle of the energetic city. Guests can relax with a cocktail in the third-floor lobby and lounge, admiring the earth-toned furniture, birch-tree accents, and floor-to-ceiling windows that look out on a nearby sculpture garden.... (sale starts tomorrow)
- The Restoration on King
- Charleston, SC
- After a complete overhaul of a red brick building on one of Charleston's main streets, the aptly named Restoration on King opened this past April. The property's 16 suites are beautifully designed with modern furnishings, spacious terraces, and exposed-brick walls that give the property an urban edge among downtown's historic buildings. Guest rooms are also highly functional: full kitchens have state-of-the-art, stainless-steel appliances, and bathrooms are stocked with Gilchrist & Soames amenities... (sale starts tomorrow)
- The Parker Palm Springs
- Palm Springs, CA
- When designer Jonathan Adler debuted his retro redesign in 2004, the Parker became the grand dame of desert getaways. Thirteen acres of lush palms and willows, two outdoor pools, four red-clay tennis courts, and a massive nautical-themed spa, all against the backdrop of California's San Jaciento mountains. Adler's ambitious design is no more apparent then within the 144 rooms and villas, outfitted with Peruvian weavings, minimalist canopy beds atop Australian sheepskin rugs, and pieces of Adler's pottery that made him a household brand...(sale starts tomorrow)