Vacationist: Las Vegas, Bangkok, Costa Rica
City slickers, take note: This week’s Vacationist deals include hotel stays in two of our favorite cities—Las Vegas and Bangkok—for less than $100 a night. If that doesn’t lure you in, we have other tricks (and treats!) up our sleeve: In both cities, current temperatures hover in the 70s and 80s, and, in Las Vegas, this weekend brings the inaugural Halloween parade. Dare we mention again that Bangkok ranked as the no. 1 city in this year’s World’s Best Awards survey?
Not to worry, however, if you’d prefer to leave the crowds behind. For a quiet beachfront getaway there’s 44% off at Hotel Punta Islita, on Costa Rica’s Playa Samara. Read on for more details, and of course, become a Vacationist member now.
- Hotel Punta Islita – up to 44% off
- Playa Samara, Costa Rica
- This honeymooner favorite (shown above)—complete with an on-site mango orchard—is set on a sprawling 80-acre hillside that overlooks a remote Pacific beach is. The graceful—and very private—earth-tone rooms have rustic accents (think: hammocks and thatch roofs) but don't skimp on amenities (sumptuous villas come with private plunge pools)… (5 days)
- The Signature at MGM Grand – up to 35% off
- Las Vegas, NV
- This all-suite, non-gaming, and non-smoking property is a serene oasis in the midst of the bright lights and bustling activity of Sin City. Located in three towers, the 1,276 spacious suites (ranging from 550 to 1,500 square feet) have kitchens, deluxe king beds with Egyptian cotton sheets, and oversize marble bathrooms with Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs and flat-screen TVs… (4 days)
- Lebua At State Towerup to 30% off
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Overlooking the Chao Praya river and the skyscrapers of Bangkok, the 63 stories of the Lebua are a respite from the vibrant Bangkok street life below. Don't let the businesslike exterior fool you, as it's stuffed to the gills with goodies inside: made up of all-suites, the modern, Western-style rooms have balconies and feather beds… (4 days)