Vacationist: California, London, Florence, and New York
Vacationist has upped the ante this week, perhaps to spur you, happy Thanksgiving revelers, into shopping for travel this holiday season. Because if you’re planning to look for deals in the next few weeks, we’re delivering stellar hotel stays for up to 60% off, right to your inbox.
Here’s a taste of what’s in store: a desert oasis in California, New York’s SoHo for a song, plus, coming up, a 2009 World’s Best Business hotel in London, a 2010 It List recipient in Florence—even a coveted room in a midtown Manhattan skyscraper, for easy access to the tree lighting come November 30th. A bonus? You never have to fight the Christmas crowds at Vacationist.com.
Still not a Vacationist member? Click here to join.
- The Parker Palm Springs – up to 21% off
- Palm Springs, CA
- The Jonathan Adler-designed boutique hotel is a desert oasis in the heart of Palm Springs, where hot-stone massages, muddled lemonade poolside, and fruit-infused waffles at Norma's are an every-day indulgence...(through 11/25)
- The James New York
- New York, NY
- Be one of the first travelers to stay at The James Hotel, New York, a 114-room property housed in a modern steel-and-glass building in Lower Manhattan's chic SoHo neighborhood. Just two months after the hotel's September 2010 opening, The James in New York City is already a welcome addition to downtown Manhattan's skyline... (through 11/25)
- The Landmark London
- London, England
- Opened in 1899, this Gothic Revival masterpiece was to be London's gateway to the Continent via a railway link to the impending Channel tunnel. Alas, financiers overshot tunnel construction by a century, rail travel declined, and the hotel fell into disrepair. Restored in the 1990s to former clock-towered, stained-glass, marble-columned glory, the Landmark is adjacent to the Marylebone Tube station and a hop-skip to Regent's Park and Baker Street... (sale starts 12/3)
- Il Salviatino
- Florence, Italy
- Live like a Renaissance prince in a frescoed villa with skyline views from the edge of Florence. In the 14th century, the noble Florentine Salviati family built a sumptuous country villa on Florence's northeastern outskirts. In 2010, after two years of renovations that revealed long-lost frescoes on the ceilings and hidden pathways twisting through the gardens, Marcello Pigozzo reopened the villa as a hotel...(sale starts 11/29)
- Cassa Hotel and Residences
- New York, NY
- This comfortably chic hotel holds a prime location—flanked by Times Square and Fifth Avenue—and adds its soaring 48 floors to the already magnificent New York City skyline. Built from the ground up, this new property strikes a cosmopolitan pose in midtown...(sale starts 11/29)