Vacationist: Northern California for the family, plus Athens, and sexy Cabo San Lucas
This holiday season, 42 million people are expected to hit the road—probably on their way to a dinner table that won't fit the whole crew. T+L asks: Why not convince everyone to head to Carmel Valley Ranch, on 450 acres in Northern California? There’s a rope swing for the kids, a rustic-chic spa for the adults, and a restaurant overseen by chef Tim Wood. No one need slave away in the kitchen. With this week’s Vacationist sale, you can stay for less than $210 a night—even on Christmas Eve.
If you’d rather escape the States altogether, try The Margi, in Athens, for $125 a night, or the Haciendas Beach Club and Residences in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, for 20% off. The deals are live now at Vacationist.com.
Still not a Vacationist member? Click here to join.
- Carmel Valley Ranchup to 25% off
- Carmel, California
- A rope swing—dangling from an oak tree just outside the lobby—signifiesthe youthful aesthetic: what was once a gray-haired golf resort justeast of Carmel is now a sprawling outpost well-suited for families, andcouples too. Under the new owner, Hyatt heir John Pritzker, emphasisfalls on outdoorsy diversions like beekeeping, organic gardening, andopen-air yoga. Guided nature walks wind through the 450-acrescrub-oak-studded property and into the wilderness beyond... (sale ends in 6 days)
- Hacienda Beach Club & Residencesup to 20% off
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The much-anticipated reincarnation of the Hacienda Hotel, this is one of the first hotels in the region. While the new property incorporates a few original hotel features—sculptures, fountains, and other architectural elements—the rest of the 22-acre property was completely overhauled. Best of all, the new resort is centrally located, on Medano Beach right next to the bustling marina.... (sale ends in 4 days)
- The Margi Hotelup to 20%
- Vouliagmeni, Greece
- Though not in the crushing center of Athens, this expansive boutique hotel offers much more than just back-door entry to the Acropolis. The 88-room property—complete with numerous cocktail bars, exercise facilities, and a candlelit pool area—is minutes from the Aegean Sea and other playgrounds including golf courses, shopping streets, and direct trains that bring you into central Athens. Public lounges and bars, like Malabar near the pool, are decked in Oriental rugs, low-slung wicker chairs, and giant throw pillows perfect for afternoon napping... (sale ends in 4 days)