Vacationist: Stays in the Southwest, plus the Caribbean, California, and Morocco
For many of us, daylight savings means shorter days and colder weather (brrr!). But you don't have to worry about frigid temperatures in Arizona, California, and the Caribbean, where pools and beaches beckon thanks to Vacationist—all for up to 40% off. At California's Miramonte Resort and Spa in Coachella Valley, red-tiled roofs and Moorish details will transport you to the Mediterranean. Or take it up a notch, and live like a King at L Mansion, Marrakesh. For these trips and more, read on or click here. Shouldn't you be planning your next getaway?
Still not a Vacationist member? Click here to join.
- Little Good Harbour – up to 41% off
- St. Peter, Barbados
- This hotel has been giving lessons in unpretentious luxury since it opened in 2000. Set near a private beach, the one-, two-, or three-bedroom suites in gabled gingerbread cottages are just a minute's walk through a garden of lush vegetation (and by the occasional green monkey in a banana tree). Suites are done in muted island colors, and all have four-poster beds, large living rooms, and fully equipped kitchens. Ask for rooms in Fort Rupert, a 17th-century fort on the property and the only guest accommodations with full-on sea views… (5 days)
- L Mansion – up to 25% off
- Marrakesh, Morocco
- It took more than a quarter of a century for general manager Lamya El Manjra's father to build the Marrakesh palace that is L Mansion, a seven-room hotel that was originally conceived as a private desert retreat for Manjra's family. Located on several acres of cypress and citrus and roses, the place is styled after the fabled Alhambra in southern Spain. But whereas that monument has been stripped bare by the ages, L Mansion's opulence is striking without being gaudy… (4 days)
- The Hermosa Inn – up to 33% off
- Paradise Valley, AZ
- Cowboy artist Lon Megargee built the Hermosa Inn as his primary residence and studio in the 1930s and later converted the property into a small guest ranch. Today, the boutique resort's 34 rooms and casitas feature wood-beamed ceilings, authentic period furnishings, and Megargee's original artwork. A recent $2 million renovation has transformed the once modest bathrooms into lavish retreats with sunken tubs and walk-in showers… (4 days)
- Miramonte Resort & Spaup to 40% off
- Indian Wells, CA
- With red-tiled roofs, Moorish archways, and buildings named Villa Capri, Villa Naples, and The Portofino, the Miramonte Resort and Spa will make you think you are in the Mediterranean. But the arid desert breezes, insistent sunshine, and looming rocky outcrops in the distance remind you that you're in southern California's Coachella Valley. The hotel fronts the main thoroughfare of Highway 111 and is surrounded by malls and businesses, but you can hear a pin drop here, and that's just the way the travelers who frequent the place love it… (6 days)