Great Miami Blocks to Walk: Upper Eastside
This choice strip of Biscayne Boulevard, running from 70th to 79th Streets, is lined with great Atomic 1950’s motels and a slew of stores and restaurants that are getting hipper by the day (and night).
1. Dogma A comfort-food standby that serves nearly two dozen kinds of hot dogs (try the Athens, topped with a Greek salad) and more than a touch of nostalgia. 7030 Biscayne Blvd.; 305/759-3433
2. Upper Eastside Garden Tucked behind the vintage store Divine Trash, the quirky gardens include an artist-designed miniature golf course and are also the site of outdoor movie screenings. 7244 Biscayne Blvd.; 305/751-1973; uppereastsidegarden.com
3. Modernista An impeccably refined store featuring vintage furniture and fixtures, with splendid Murano chandeliers from the 1920’s to the 1970’s. 7287 Biscayne Blvd.; 305/403-2888
4. Le Glacier A resolutely Parisian-style bistro, known for its simple but flavorful quiches and sandwiches, homemade desserts, and ice cream. 7295 Biscayne Blvd.; 305/754-6551
5. The Transit Shop This smart white-on-white boutique carries the Italian line Transit (for men and women) and chic Dusica Dusica shoes, in the former Vagabond Motel. 7301 Biscayne Blvd.; 305/754-2866