East Coast Hotel Deals Popping Up in the Wake of Hurricane Sandy
- While some NYC hotel rooms are still occupied by those displaced from Hurricane Sandy (with FEMA even picking up the tab), there are still vacancies in New York City and along the East Coast—with a handful of fine properties flaunting noteworthy discounts and donations in the coming days and weeks:
- New York City:The Surrey
- Sandy Discount: $50 gift certificate to use for a future visit; $40 off spa treatments; and a glass of prosecco.
- Sandy Donation: 5 percent of all spa packages go to the American Red Cross.
- Newport, RI:Vanderbilt Grace (pictured, top)
- Sandy Donation: $20 per person for Restaurant Week packages booked to the American Red Cross.
- Sandy Discount: 2 nights accommodation; two champagne breakfasts; one lunch; one fine dining dinner; and wine upon arrival for $575.
Southampton, NY: Southampton Inn
Sandy Discount: $100/night rate, including continental breakfast to guests.
Cambridge, MA: Hotel Marlowe
Sandy Discount: 20 percent off nightly rate. Booking code: “SANDY.”
Flintstone, MD: Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort
Sandy Discount: $39 per night rate through November 15 to Tri-State residents. Booking code: “SANDY.”
Sandy Discount: Airbnb is organizing a network of people offering their homes—for free—to those displaced by Hurricane Sandy. Follow the link above to donate space, or find a place to stay.
Surge-swept Atlantic City has even re-opened for business, notably the newly renovated Golden Nugget and the popular REVEL. While these top properties are not offering discounts or donations per se, a trip and overnight stay in the iconic (former) boardwalk town on the New Jersey shore is sure to help the distressed local economy.
Adrien Glover is the deputy digital editor at Travel + Leisure.