Contest Watch: Holiday Edition
Tis the season for toys and presents, but what about getting your 2010 travel calendar in line? These three contests might make for one heck of a New Year.
- Ultimate Fiji Adventurer
- Now – January 1st
- Make your New Year’s resolution to be more adventurous. Tourism Fiji has launched a video contest to give away a pair of roundtrip ticketsto Fiji on Air Pacific (from Los Angeles) and seven nights—withmeals—at Sonaisali Island Resort. Contestants must submit a 2-3 minute video explaining why they are an Ultimate Fiji Adventurer at www.fijime.tv/videocontest.After entries close on January 1st, it’s up to the public to vote ontheir favorite submission. We could not confirm at publilcation time,but contestants shoudle expect to pay taxes and fees.
- Design Hotels Advent Calendar
- Now – December 24th
- Ditchthe waxy chocolates in favor of a traveler’s ideal advent calendartreat. From now through December 24th, Design Hotels will reveal aholiday travel idea and travel prize each morning on www.designhotels.com/happyholidays.Contestants have 24-hours after the morning reveal to register for thegift. The winner will be chosen at random the following day. Prizesinclude a 3-night stay in a X2 KuiBuri villa in Thailand including airfare to Bangkok, a 2-night stay at The Hotel, Lucerne, or limited edition Raf Simons for Eastpak bags.
- Trade Your Way to Amsterdam
- Now – December 7th
- What would you give up for a 3-night trip to Amsterdam? Your clever answer (and photo) might get you and a friend round-trip airfare, and 3-nights at Amsterdam’s design-y Lloyd Hotel (a $3,500 value). Contestants must submit their best photo and description of their trade-in item on the Netherlands Board of Tourism facebook page. If selected, the winner will fork over their cherished possession to be displayed at the Lloyd Hotel, so careful what you say you’d give up. No taxes or fees.
Charlotte Savino is the online listings editor at Travel + Leisure.