Contest Watch: $15K Nantucket Vaca, Kenya, Los Cabos, More
Skyrocketing temperatures might have melted some travel companies’ brains! They’re giving away a $15,000 Nantucket vacation, a six-month trip around the world; a six-month New York City hotel stay and $5,000 in cash, plus oodles more. This Contest Watch is all about thinking B-I-G.
- “Flip Out on Nantucket”, Nantucket Island Resorts, Nantucket, MA
- Now – September 6, 2010
- Need a reason to take a Nantucket vacation? How does a $15,000 getaway sound? This summer, Nantucket visitors who make a 1-minute video montage about their trip and submit it to www.nuntucketislandresorts.com/flip-out-nantucket-submission.php or email email@example.com might just win the return-trip of a lifetime. Video submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges with the finalists put up to a public vote. The ultimate Nantucket itinerary includes a five-night stay at any Nantucket Island Resort property (including T+L favorites The Wauwinet and the White Elephant), dinner for two at Brant Point Grill and Topper’s, two hour-long massages at both the White Elephant and the Spa by the Sea, Nantucket Harbor Cruise, and more. Flip out indeed.
- Around the World in 6-Months, On the Go Tours
- Now –September 30th
- Need to go on the lamb for a while? Tell On the Go Tours your confession and upload a video of three reasons why you should be exiled at GetRidOfMe.com. The public will vote for the most awful, embarrassing, amusing plea. The grand prize is a six-month trip for two to 18 countries (including China, Egypt, India, Jordan, Morocco, Nepal, Russia, and Turkey), including all visas, vaccinations, flights, tours, a video camera, and even $900 in spending money. And since you can bring someone along, this $90,000 trip might just serve as the perfect apology.
- “Big Broadway Break”, Staybridge Suites Times Square, New York City
- Enter Now – June 18th; vote June 19th – 25th
- Want to make it on Broadway? Staybridge Suites is offering a 6-month stay in their Times Square Property, $5,000 in cash, headshots, voice lessons, and an Actors’ Equity Card. Aspiring Broadway stars should log onto www.facebook.com/staybridgesuitestimessquare and submit a video of them singing “I’m Always Chasing Rainbows” and “Give My Regards to Broadway.” The clips will be open to a public vote, then theater critic Adam Feldman will pick the grand prize winner from the top ten. If you can make it here…
- “California – The Game”, California Tourism and Southwest Airlines
- Enter Now – June 27th
- California Tourism has partnered with Southwest Airlines to create a virtual board game contest. Participants must visit www.visitcalifornia.com/pages/trivia? to earn entries through “Excursions” – unique California challenges and trivia. Grand prize winners receive one of two packages: an ultimate Southern California getaway, or a Northern California Wine + Dine experience. Way better than playing Chutes and Ladders.
- “Win a Trip to Kenya,” Kenya Tourist Board and Eagle Creek
- Now – July 20th, 2010
- No need to jump through hoops to get yourself to Kenya. Just enter at www.eaglecreek.com/sweeps to be eligible to win a six-night safari trip for two with 2AFRIKA, INC. safari tours. No song and dance, no lewd confession.
“Twitter Trivia”, Solmar Hotel, Los Cabos, Mexico
Now – June 30th
Tweet your way to a retreat by following @SolmarResorts on www.twitter.com. The resort group will post two questions daily (one in the morning, one in the evening) about the Los Cabos properties and Los Cabos, Mexico. The first three correct responses will be entered into a grand prize drawing for a three-night vacation for two at Playa Grande Resort & Grande Spa (airfare not included).Charlotte Savino is the online listings editor at Travel + Leisure.