July's Travel Deals: Up to 40% Off Getaways for Food Lovers
Save up to 40 percent on culinary vacations in France, Italy, Vietnam, Costa Rica, and North Carolina. You're welcome.
Get 30% off from Finca Rosa Blanca, with 14 eclectic, colorful suites set on a working coffee plantation.
- A Taste of Costa Rica package includes:
- Three nights in a junior suite
- Honey and mead tasting with local goat cheese and homemade walnut bread
- A guided tour of the coffee plantation including a cupping
- Visit to the market in Heredia and a cooking class with the resort chef
- Organic chocolate tasting at Sibú, lunch included
Cost: $992 for two, through November 14.
Get 30% off from Gourmet on Tour, a celebrated tour operator offering gastronomic trips to Provence.
- Picnic in Provence package includes:
- Four nights in a fourstar boutique hotel in Avignon
- A guided market visit then a Provençal cooking class followed by a fourcourse lunch
- Truffle hunting in the Lubéron
- A champagne picnic
- A private excursion to the Châteauneufdu-Pape wine region, including tastings
Cost: $1,186 per person, double, through December 15.
Booking details: Use code T + L Deals.
Get 30% off from Palazzo di Varignana, an 18th-century villa near Bologna where you can sip Prosecco on private terraces with views of the countryside.
- Cooking and Dining Experience package includes:
- Two nights in a Deluxe double
- Fruit basket, sparkling wine, and housemade chocolate
- Daily breakfast
- An Italian cooking class for two; guests will make a threecourse dinner, including tagliatelle, a traditional Bolgonese pasta
- Three hours of access to the 1,300 square foot Varsana Spa
Cost: $584 for two
Booking details: Valid for travel from July 1 – August 31. Book by August 1; use code Travel + Leisure deal.
Get 30% off from Asia Transpacific Journeys, a veteran outfitter with cross-country itineraries.
- A Taste of Asia package includes:
- Six nights in luxury hotels
- All tours and transfers
- A visit to the Hoa Sua Restaurant in Hanoi, a training school for disadvantaged Vietnamese children
- A street food tour around Hanoi sampling dishes such as grilled squab and crab spring rolls
- Guided tour of Hanoi including stops at a local market, the BeauxArts style opera house, One Pillar Pagoda, and Quan Thanh Temple
- A visit to the Museum of Cham Sculpture in Da Nang
- A culinary tour of Hoi An that highlights some of the town’s specialties: banh beo (steamed rice cakes), cau lao noodles, nem lui (grilled beef), husband and wife cakes and “white rose” dumplings
- A Vietnamese cooking class at Ms. Vy’s Academy, including a tour of the local market
- An excursion to the War Remnants Museum in Saigon, the Reunification Palace and Cholon, and the Thien Hau Pagoda
- A night market tour in Saigon with stops for papaya salad, banh xeo (rice pancakes filled with vegetables), and seasoned pork ribs and rice
Cost: $3,750 per person, double, book by August 31.
Booking details: Valid for travel through December 20
Get 40% off from Fearrington House Inn, a charming Relais & Châteaux hideaway just south of Durham with an ambitious food program led by Chef Colin Bedford.
- Tea and Truffles Southern Escape package includes:
- Three nights in a standard room, $1,270
- A chef’s tasting menu with wine pairings
- Lunch for two at the Granary, a casual onsite restaurant that serves Southern classics
- A twohour chocolate making class where guests will perfect a soufflé, roll truffles and dip chocolate covered strawberries
- $200 spa credit per couple
Cost: $1,270 ($423 per night), double, August 1 – September 30.
Get 30% off from The Landsby, a new 41-room hotel near the Santa Ynez Valley and its top-notch wineries.
- Summer Wine and Dine package includes:
- Two nights in a Deluxe room
- $75 credit to Mad & Vin, which serves Scandinavianinspired cuisine with a California twist
- Personalized wine tasting tours in the Santa Ynez Valley
- Two signature shrubs made of macerated fruit
Cost: $475 for two.
Booking details: Valid Sunday through Thursday; book by August 31 for travel through September 30. Use code “travel” to book.