Four Questions for Warren Buffett, Whose Childhood Home is Now on Airbnb
Airbnb has done a lot to change the business of travel, having introduced boutique-like accommodations for all budgets—even in Cuba. Now magnate-philanthropist Warren Buffet—the “Wizard of Omaha” consistently found on lists of the world’s wealthiest people—has encouraged his employees to take advantage of the service while at the annual Berkshire Hathaway shareholders’ meeting in Omaha.
But that’s not all he’s doing with Airbnb. Buffett is also using the vacation rental service to give shareholders a new perk: an opportunity to spend that May weekend in his nearby childhood home.
But in true self-made-man fashion, this retreat won’t come without a task. Ready for this college application throwback? You’ve got to write an essay. And these are the questions:
1. What are you most excited to experience in Omaha?
2. What are you most looking forward to at the Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders Meeting?
3. What’s your favorite Airbnb Experience?
4. What’s next on your travel bucket list?
For the record, we’re totally into that last question. But before spending a couple of nights in the home that raised the man, we’ve got a few important questions for Buffett, ourselves:
1. Where are the best hide-and-seek spots?
Everyone knows the best part of exploring a new space is finding all of the quirky hideaways. And who wouldn’t want to know Warren Buffett’s go-to spots for the rousing games of Sardines that undoubtedly defined his youth?
2. What was your go-to after-school snack?
When in Rome…
3. Let’s talk mini toiletries: what are the lather options?
Is this a L’Occitane en Provence situation? Acqua di Parma? What are the scent profiles?
4. Bed linens: tucked or untucked?
Or is that question too personal?
Erika Owen is the Audience Engagement Editor at Travel + Leisure. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @erikaraeowen.