10 Affordable Family Getaways for Summer and Fall
Rooms and cottages at Fischer’s Cove Beach Hotel & Reef Restaurant are modest, but you can’t beat the affordable rate—or the sound of the Caribbean waves crashing on the beach 20 feet away. Say hello to an ideal summer family getaway.
Summer Freedom Offer includes:
- A standard, garden-view room with air conditioning (upgrades available).
- Kids under 12 will eat, play, and stay for free
- Complimentary kid’s breakfast with a menu customized for kids
- Complimentary beach toys (think: sand beach play set or snorkeling gear)
Booking Details: Call 284-495-5252 or e-mail relax@fischerscove. Valid from June 1–October 30. Rates start at $196.
Hilton Head Island
It may be summer year-round on this coastal island, but these packages make now the perfect time to visit. And your accommodations? The recently-renovated Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, where even the most basic rooms come with private balconies.
Family Glamping package includes:
- Cabanas with chaise lounges made up like Heavenly beds
- A fridge stocked with drinks
- Fire pit with s’mores fixings
- A stargazing specialist who can teach kids about the night sky.
- Telescopes and flashlight
Booking Details: From $309 per night, double; rate valid until September 1.
Find serenity at the 106-room Tides Inn, on a peninsula off the Chesapeake Bay, surrounded by wineries and oyster farms. This hotel, one of the best in the country for families, has everything from cookies and milk for kids to marine-inspired spa treatments for harried parents. Best of all? You'll save at least 58 percent.
Tides Inn Family Summer Fun package includes:
- Four nights in a Deluxe Room with two queen beds (upgrades available)
- Full breakfast daily
- A $75 activities credit
- A Cove Cruise for the entire family
- Half-day access daily to the Crab Net Kids Club for up to two childrenAmerican Kitchen & Bar on-site
Booking Details: Rates from $702 ($176 per night) double. Valid for travel through September 1. Book by calling 866-988-5389 and quote Travel + Leisure Tides Inn Family Summer Fun package. One-night packages are also available.
Turks and Caicos
Families will love the Somerset on Grace Bay, whose luxe villas (complete with marble-and-mahogany finishes and soaking tubs) border one of the most coveted beaches of the Providenciale. Other perks that make this a great fall family getaway? A croquet lawn, a reverse-current lap pool, and an infinity pool.
The Family Friendly Flexibility Special includes:
- One night in a one-bedroom villa (upgrades available)
- Daily breakfast
- A water sports lesson for the entire family
- No additional per-person fees (up to two adults)
- Access to the Caicos Kids Club with activities such as arts and crafts, and movie nights under the stars
Booking Details: Rates from $520 per night, quadruple; book by November 24 for travel from June 6 – December 16.Quote Travel + Leisure when booking directly at 844-521-1849. Two- to five-bedroom villas also available.
It's easy to slip into vacation-mode once you arrive at Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, a collection of yellow-hued cottages on a palm-fringed estate. Kids will love watching green Vervet monkeys from the beachfront hammocks.
Suite Family Savings includes:
- Seven nights in a Deluxe Garden room
- A second connecting room for free
- Daily breakfast, afternoon tea, and dinner for two adults
- Round-trip transfers from St. Kitts or Nevis airports
- Family-friendly activities such as steel pan lessons, cookie-making, basket-weaving sandcastle-building, crab racing, and beach bonfires
Booking Details: From $2,900 ($414 per night) for two rooms; valid for travel through December 19. Call 800-724-2088 for reservations.
Hidden amongst saguaro and prickly pear catci, Tanque Verde Ranch's adobe casitas fit perfectly into the landscape of Saguaro National Park. The vibe is more upscale than dude ranch, but there are plenty of opportunities for horseback riding.
Kids Stay Free with:
- A minimum of three nights in a Salas room
- Two children between ages 2–11 stay free
- Ranch activities such as mountain biking, fishing, tennis, horseback riding lessons, nature walks, and more
- Three meals daily for each person
- A robust children’s program with trail rides, nature walks and art classes
Booking Details: From $1,377 ($459 per night) for a family of four. Valid for travel from June 1 to September 30. Visit Tanque Verde Ranch to book.
One of the newest resorts in the area, Honua Kai Resort & Spa boasts spacious balconies and stunning beach views. With this package, you'll have plenty of space to appreciate the whole fam, thanks to one, two, and three-bedroom suites.
Suite Summer Escape includes:
- A one, two or three-bedroom suite
- Complimentary daily breakfast at Duke’s Beach House for adults
- A full-size rental car
- A $20 Maui Concierge activity voucher
- Complimentary professional family photo session, plus an 8x0 portrait
Booking Details: Rates start at $410 per night for a one-bedroom suite. Valid from June 27–August 14.
With its own 100-acre private island families will have privacy and security at El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. The property also boasts a golf course, Camp Coqui (where kids enjoy activities like Sports Day, snow cone-making, and sand sculpting), and the rainforest-inspired Coqui Water Park.
Fun in the Sun Package includes:
- Free daily admission for a family of four to the resort’s seaside Coqui Water Park
- $50 nightly resort credit to be used on spa treatments for kids (or adults!), watersports, dining, golfing, or more.
- Booking Details: Rates start at $210 per night for a minimum three-night stay. Valid for travel from May through September.
Get 61 percent off from the Cottages & Lofts at the Boat Basin, a collection of high-end, shingled houses on a pretty Nantucket wharf.
Get 2 for 1:
- A free upgrade from a one-bedroom cottage to a two-bedroom cottage, guaranteed
- Daily housekeeping
- Access to bicycles, boogie boards, and other beach gear
- Shuttle service to the beach
Booking details: $175 per night, double; valid for travel from May 1–June 30.
Get 40 percent off from the 665-room Hershey Lodge, a family-friendly resort near Lancaster by the iconic chocolate company, complete with shuttle service to Hershey Park and nightly s’mores roasts.
Stay Early & Save includes:
- One night in a King or Two Queen room (upgrades available)
- Admission to Hershey Gardens and the Hershey Story’s Museum Experience
Booking Details: From $179 per night, double; valid for travel through May 31.