The Best Luggage Tags of 2022
There's nothing worse than waiting to spot your suitcase in a sea of similar-looking bags after a long flight. The last thing you want to do is accidentally grab someone else's luggage or have some other bleary-eyed traveler take yours.
That's exactly where luggage tags come in: the small but mighty travel accessory helps ensure you'll easily be able to find and identify your luggage on the baggage claim carousel and guarantees it can be returned to you if it does wind up getting lost.
Our favorite luggage tag to recommend, the Travelambo Leather Luggage Tag Set, is a sturdy, reliable pick with design options and a price that'll please any traveler. But, since there are plenty of quality products to choose from, we've rounded up more of the best luggage tags on the market for all types of travelers and specific needs. From high-end, French-made, and monogrammed luggage tags to budget-friendly options and even multi-purpose tags with built-in portable batteries, there really is a tag to suit every traveler.
- Best Overall: Travelambo Leather Luggage Tag Set at Amazon
- Best Printed: Ban.do Getaway Luggage Tag at Amazon
- Best Leather: Royce New York Leather Luggage Tag at Nordstrom
- Best Silicone: Kate Spade New York Women's Off We Go Luggage Tag at Amazon
- Best Value: Sodsay Baggage ID Label Tags at Amazon
- Best Designer: Hermès Endless Road Luggage Tag at Hermès
- Best Monogrammed: Mark & Graham Leather Luggage Tag at Mark & Graham
- Best for Minimalist Travelers: Away The Luggage Tag at Away
- Best for Finding Your Luggage Quickly: Tumi Accents Kit at Tumi
- Best for Families: Mifflin Assorted Luggage Tag Set at Amazon
- Best With Privacy Cover: Toughergun Leather Instrument Baggage Bag Luggage Tag at Amazon
- Best With Tracker: Tile Pro at Tile
- Best With Charger: Calpak Portable Charger Luggage Tag at Calpak
- Most Durable: Talonport Indestructible Luggage Tag at Amazon
- Best Disney: American Tourister Disney Luggage Tag at Amazon
T+L's Top Picks
Best Overall: Travelambo Leather Luggage Tag Set
Best Printed: Ban.do Getaway Luggage Tag
Best Leather: Royce New York Leather Luggage Tag
Best Silicone: Kate Spade New York Women's Off We Go Luggage Tag
Best Value: Sodsay Baggage ID Label Tags
Best Designer: Hermès Endless Road Luggage Tag
Best Monogrammed: Mark & Graham Leather Luggage Tag
Best for Minimalist Travelers: Away The Luggage Tag
Best for Finding Your Luggage Quickly: Tumi Accents Kit
Best for Families: Mifflin Assorted Luggage Tag Set
Best With Privacy Cover: Toughergun Leather Instrument Luggage Tag
Best With Tracker: Tile Pro
Best With Charger: Calpak Portable Charger Luggage Tag
Most Durable: Talonport Indestructible Luggage Tag
Best Disney: American Tourister Disney Luggage Tag
Frequently Asked Questions
What information should I put on a luggage tag?
The amount of information you choose to disclose on your luggage tag is up to you and how comfortable you feel having said information circulating in the airport. That said, it'll be most helpful to ensure you include your first and last name or initial, your email address, and your phone number. It's not required or suggested to write your home address for security purposes.
Where should I attach a luggage tag?
You'll want to attach a luggage tag on the top handle of every piece of luggage you're planning to check. Some travelers also choose to attach a luggage tag to their carry-on in case they end up having to store it far away from their seat.
Tips for Buying a Luggage Tag
Choose something recognizable
One of the major benefits of attaching a luggage tag to your suitcase is that it makes it a whole lot easier to spot at the baggage claim. As such, you'll want to consider picking something that is bright-hued or unique enough to easily identify your luggage as it spins around the carousel.
Durability is key
We've all had a brand new piece of luggage spit out of the baggage claim with stains and bangs that weren't there when we checked it in. Selecting a durable luggage tag will ensure that you won't have to constantly replace or repair your tags as they get tousled from country to country.
Why Trust Travel + Leisure
Travel + Leisure writers are shopping, fashion, and product experts who use personal experience and customer recommendations to choose the best items for shoppers. For this article, Kaitlyn McInnis read extensive high quality consumer reviews and used her experience as a travel writer to curate the best options to suit most needs.
Love a great deal? Sign up for our T+L Recommends newsletter and we'll send you our favorite travel products each week.
- The Best Luggage Tags of 2022
- This Mini Outdoor Projector Turns Your Backyard or Campground Into a Movie Theater — and It's on Sale for $63
- This $26 Cooling Blanket Will Keep You at the 'Perfect Sleep Temperature' When Traveling
- The Best Travel Strollers of 2022, Tested by Parents and Travel Experts