Unique Gift Ideas for Women
Whether you’re shopping for your best friend (you know, the one that “has it all”), the aunt you only see once a year, your mother-in-law (never easy), or your college-aged niece, we are here to lend a helping hand. Our editors have scoured the globe to unearth the best, most unexpected, where did you find that? types of presents. From the amusing to the emotional, from the heartwarming to the hysterical, you’ll find the best suggestions that range from luxurious beauty products to fun (and easy) crafts to irresistible accessories. There’s a pick here that will delight her, whoever she is.
Related:22 Affordable Gifts for ReadersStocking Stuffer IdeasGreat Gifts for Men
H.A.N.D. Coffee Carafe Set
- A delicate and gorgeous countertop tool for the coffee aficionado, this pour-over style carafe will help to create the ultimate brewing experience. The double-walled heat resistant glass is made to insulate your fresh brew, while also protecting your hands from the heat. The copper dripper is constructed from stainless steel and is designed to prevent blockage from coffee powder, which results in a more refined and satisfying taste. Engineered to perfection, it’s almost impossible for your recipient not to enjoy their morning cup of joe when it is brewed using this piece. What’s more? It serves as an eye-catching accessory, even when not in use.
- To buy: $50 (Use code RLSIMPLE for discount), amazon.com.
Exfoliating Body Scrub
- She works hard, so why not bring the spa to her? This pleasing grapefruit scrub transforms that elusive quiet time into a real moment of zen. This exfoliate is as gentle on skin as it is on the environment (it’s microbead-free). And soothing plant-based Ingredients, like chamomile and aloe vera, soften tired areas, while crushed apricot seeds and volcanic rock matter gently slough away dead skin cells on spots like elbows, knees, and heels, to leave her feeling silky soft. A follow-up to her favorite body wash, this natural scrubber primes the body for moisturizing to keep skin bright and hydrated.
- To buy: $36, kiehls.com.
Marble Cheese Servers
- These gorgeous, weighty pieces are as versatile as they are glamorous: They’re ideal for setting out on a counter or bar cart to serve cheeses or small portions of hors d’oeuvres, but work just as easily in any other room in the house, making them a go-to gift for just about anyone. You can place a few in a lineup on your dresser as a chic display tray for earrings and bracelets, set them on a pedestal sink to hold decorative bar soap, or keep them on your coffee table to act as impromptu coasters. Available in three shapes.
- To buy: $15 each, cb2.com.
Small Sashiko Pattern in White Leather Change Purse
- White leather. Hand sewn. Hand printed. Vegetable dyed. Oh my! This small envelope-shaped change purse, which measures approximately 4.5 inches long and 3 inches wide (other sizes and designs also available), will delight the woman who the appreciates artful construction that makes an item uniquely her own. The hand-applied splash art means the lucky recipient can be absolutely sure no else will have the same design as she does. Instead of a zipper, this tiny catchall features a classy gold-tone button. Because it’s made to order and ships from Portland, allow two to three weeks for processing.
- To buy: $28, chloederderiang.etsy.com.
- No garden-variety gift, this trio of assorted succulents will add a natural touch to any office or kitchen window and become a daily reminder of the thoughtful gift giver. Even if the recipient doesn’t have much of a green thumb, she’ll know just when and how much to water these hardy plants thanks to the accompanying care kit and water dropper. Best of all, the elegant packaging comes with a holiday-themed sleeve to complete the gift. Rather send a message of love instead? Change the sleeve design to any one of the five options, from “I love you” to nothing at all.
- To buy: $35, lulasgarden.com.
Mini Martini Gift Set
Raise a toast to her (and the holiday season) with this individual-sized stainless steel martini shaker. And, if she’s a big fan of chocolate martinis for one, she’ll be pleasantly surprised when she opens the 3.5-ounce mirrored mixer and discovers that it comes pre-stuffed with chocolate-covered martini “olive” almonds. (They’re not real olives but they arereal almonds.) At just six inches tall, the shiny shaker is easy to tuck into any drawer—but also looks great on the shelf in her bar or kitchen. And if you want her to feel like the life of party for real, be sure to personalize the product with her name or initials.
To buy: $24, sugarfina.com.
Verloop Stacked Knit Tassel Bag Charm
- For the funky friend or fashionista that seems to have it all, this soft charm is a great addition to any accessory collection (no matter how large or small it already is). Have her attach this plush piece to her favorite everyday tote or bucket bag—at 12 inches long it’s sure to stand out and make a statement. This playful knit charm is also available in two other color combinations—yellow ombré and rainbow—so one is sure to fit her personal palette. Make sure she is prepared to get compliments and inquiries from, well, just about everyone.
- To buy: $28, verloopknits.com.
Burberry Beauty Festive Lip Velvet Set
With this set, her dreams of having the perfect pucker will become reality. Four lux-looking gold tubes come packaged in this compact collection. The pint-sized tubes make them easy to stash in a small clutch or the side pocket of her everyday tote bag. The shades range from cherry red to deep cabernet and glide on effortlessly. And each one will go the distance—the moisturizing formula and matte finish will stay put no matter how late the dinner or holiday party goes. Pro tip: The recipient can even try mixing two different shades to create a completely custom color for her pout.
To buy: For a similar product, $18, go to sephora.com.
HAY Bits & Bobs Bowls
- She’ll want to dot her dresser and nightstand with these colorful glass trinket trays. Available in four different sizes and five colors ways, the mix-and-match possibilities are essentially endless. Knickknacks, baubles, and charms can be kept hidden, yet are easily accessible when needed. Consider scattering a few of these throughout your home to add dimension to a space that lacks some color. Waited until the last minute and don’t have tons of time to spare? These sleek, lidded containers can be delivered to your door in just two days.
- To buy: $9 (mini), $10 (x-small), $15 (medium), $19 (large), momastore.org.
Neon Mini Bowls
- For the woman who loves a punch of color, a set of three vibrant bowls for her spices, keys, or rings. With so many uses, the hand-dipped neon bowls are not only practical, but also feed her decorating style in multiple rooms across her house. Made of solid beech wood, with a soft rubbery plastic bottom that makes each one slip-resistant and extra durable. The set comes in three colors (pink, orange, and yellow) and, at only 2.5 inches in diameter (each bowl holds about two tablespoons), they’re small enough to hold only what you really need, but big enough to make a lasting impression.
- To buy: $22, domino.com.