The 10 Best Waterproofing Sprays to Protect Your Boots From Rain and Snow
Whether it's for leather ankle booties or heavy-duty hiking shoes, investing in a good waterproofing spray is the easiest way to keep your boots in tip-top shape, rain or shine. These products work by forming a protective layer (often using silicone) so that water repels from the surface, preventing rain and snow from getting your shoes and socks wet. Not only does waterproofing come in handy during inclement weather, but it often helps prevent stains so that things like mud or ketchup wipe off easily.
Since there are so many different waterproofing products available to buy online, we scoured thousands of customer reviews to find the ones actually worth buying. Some are designed to protect just leather or suede, while others are pretty universal and work on all types of materials (like this multipurpose spray from Rust-Oleum NeverWet). From brands like Scotchgard, Crep Protect, and Nikwax, all of these waterproofing sprays for boots will keep your shoes looking new and feeling dry.
These are the 10 best products for waterproofing boots in 2021:
- Best for Leather: Apple Brand Garde Rain and Stain Water Repellent
- Best for Canvas: Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield
- Best for Suede: Crep Protect Universal Protector
- Best Multipurpose: Rust-Oleum NeverWet Boot and Shoe Spray
- Best Heavy Duty: Sof Sole Silicone Waterproofer Spray
- Best for High-end Boots: Cadillac Select Premium Water Repellent & Stain Protector
- Best for Uggs: Ugg Protector Shoe Care Kit
- Best for Hiking and Outdoors: Kiwi Boot Waterproofer
- Best Non-aerosol for Suede: Nikwax Nubuck and Suede Proof Waterproofing
- Best With UV Protection: Forcefield Waterproof and Stain Resistant Protectant Spray
Keep reading to learn more about the best waterproofing for boots that you can buy online.
Love a great deal? Sign up for our T+L Recommends newsletter and we'll send you our favorite travel products each week.