The Best Yoga Pants for Travel
Yoga pants are an essential in any travel wardrobe. They're comfortable, stretchy, and they look good on everyone. They're also exceptionally versatile — you can wear them with a tee or a sweatshirt on travel days, dress them up with a cute sweater and flats on sightseeing trips, or throw on a pair of sneakers and wear them to the gym.
If you're here to find out which yoga pants are the absolute best, we'd recommend Zella's Live-in High-waist Leggings. They're stylish, and you can do just about anything in them. But if you prefer yoga pants that are flared, cropped, or available in dozens of colors, keep reading to find the best yoga pants for your travels.
- Best Overall: Zella Live-in High-waist Leggings at Nordstrom
- Best Bootcut: Spalding Bootleg Yoga Pants at Amazon
- Best Flared: Zella Barely Flare Live-in High-waist Pants at Nordstrom
- Best Yoga Tights: 90 Degree by Reflex Power Flex Control Leggings at Amazon
- Best High-waisted: Old Navy High-waisted Powersoft Slim Bootcut Compression Pants at Old Navy
- Best Low Rise: ToBeInStyle Low-rise Yoga Pants at Amazon
- Best Cropped: Lululemon Align Wide Leg Super-high-rise Crop at Lululemon
- Best Affordable: Oalka Power Flex Yoga Pants at Amazon
- Best With Pockets: ODODOS Yoga Pants With Pockets at Amazon
- Best for Plus Sizes: Lane Bryant Control Tech Smoothing Yoga Pants at Lane Bryant
- Best for Petite Women: Yogipace Petite High-waisted Yoga Leggings at Amazon
- Best for Tall Women: Athleta Elation Flare Pants at Athleta
- Best Yoga Shorts: Spanx Look At Me Now Bike Shorts at Spanx
T+L's Top Picks
Best Overall: Zella Live-in High-waist Leggings
Best Bootcut: Spalding Bootleg Yoga Pants
Best Flared: Zella Barely Flare Live-in High-waist Pants
Best Yoga Tights: 90 Degree by Reflex Power Flex Control Leggings
Best High-waisted: Old Navy High-waisted Powersoft Slim Bootcut Compression Pants
Best Low Rise: ToBeInStyle Low-rise Yoga Pants
Best Cropped: Lululemon Align Wide Leg Super-high-rise Crop
Best Budget: Oalka Power Flex Yoga Pants
Best With Pockets: Ododos Yoga Pants With Pockets
Best for Plus Sizes: Lane Bryant Control Tech Smoothing Yoga Pants
Best for Petite Women: Yogipace Petite High-waisted Yoga Leggings
Best for Tall Women: Athleta Elation Flare Pants
Best Yoga Shorts: Spanx Look at Me Now Bike Shorts
Tips for Buying Yoga Pants
Choose the Right Style for Your Intended Activity
While personal preference is of course the most important factor, keep in mind that certain activities call for specific styles. For example, for workouts, you might prefer your pants to be a tighter fit from hip to ankle. Flared pants, on the other hand, are best for gentler activities like yoga, walking, and running errands. While shorts and cropped pants are pretty versatile, use caution of wearing these while hiking or traversing wooded areas, as their design leaves your legs exposed to things like poison ivy and insects.
Materials Make a Difference
Choose your yoga pants' material based on what you plan to do in them and where you'll do it. Opt for a water-resistant fabric (like spandex or nylon) if it's likely you'll wear them in rain or near bodies of water, and go for a cozy material (like cotton) if you'll be lounging or doing light yoga in them. Anticipate getting dirty? Pick polyester or another easy-to-clean fabric.
Pay Close Attention to Size
It may seem hard to mess up buying your correct size, but not all yoga pants fit the same. When ordering online, it's wise to look over product reviews and the website's fit guide (if it has one) to decide upon your ideal size. Additionally, consider sizing down if you prefer a super compressive fit, and up if you favor roomier pants.
Why Trust Travel + Leisure
Travel + Leisure writers are shopping, fashion, and product experts who use personal experience and customer recommendations to choose the best items for shoppers. For this article, Hillary Maglin and Rebecca Carhart researched dozens of yoga pants and used their expertise as travel writers to curate the perfect list of yoga pants for your exercise, travel, and beyond.
Love a great deal? Sign up for our T+L Recommends newsletter and we'll send you our favorite travel products each week.