The Best Padded Bike Shorts for Men and Women, According to Reviews
There are tons of outdoor activities that you can participate in and immerse yourself in nature, like cycling. Of course, if you plan on getting into cycling, you'll want to ensure you have the right gear. Biking (especially for long periods of time) can be rough on the body, so things like padded bike shorts are important investments.
Luckily, there are tons of padded bike short options for men and women on Amazon, many of which are highly rated by shoppers for their versatility and quality.
So, why go for padded bike shorts instead of non-padded? Basically, the padded inserts, whether they're made of gel or foam, act as a shock absorber while you ride. This is particularly useful if you're cycling long distances — it will cushion your backside against the bike seat and keep you as comfortable as possible while you're riding. It also prevents painful chafing, which is extremely important while riding in warmer temperatures.
There are tons of bike shorts available to buy online, but none are more highly rated than the following options. There are choices for both men and women that cover a range of sizes and styles. Some offer thicker padding than others, like these Santic cycling shorts for men (which one shopper says feel "prominent" as you're walking around but "comfortable" once you're on a bike) while others, like these Nooyme bike shorts for women, have a more lightweight type of padding for shorter rides.
Keep reading to see the best padded bike shorts on Amazon, according to customer reviews, and shop your favorite before your next cycling trip this summer.
These are the six best padded bike shorts for men:
- Best Overall: Sponeed Men's Cycling Shorts
- Best for Long Distances: Baleaf Men's Bike Cycling Underwear
- Best With Extra Padding: Santic Men's Cycling Shorts
- Best Budget: Sportneer Men's Cycling Shorts
- Best Moisture-wicking: Souke Sports Men's Cycling Shorts
- Best Loose-fitting: Endura Hummvee Mountain Bike Cycling Shorts
These are the six best padded bike shorts for women:
- Best Overall: Pearl Izumi W Escape Quest Cycling Shorts
- Best for Long Distances: Beroy Women's Bike Shorts
- Best Moisture-wicking: Eco-daily Cycling Shorts Women's 3D Padded Bicycle Shorts
- Most Comfortable: Baleaf Women's Bike Shorts
- Best for Preventing Chafing: Nooyme Women's Bike Shorts
- Best With Extra Padding: Baleaf Women's 4D Padded Cycling Shorts
Best Bike Shorts for Men
Best Bike Shorts for Women
Love a great deal? Sign up for our T+L Recommends newsletter and we'll send you our favorite travel products each week.