Face Masks That Solve Every Skin Problem
Dry: Patyka Intensive Moisturizing Mask
- Whose face doesn’t feel dry as soon as the weather cools off? With jojoba, avocado, and rose hip oils, plus vitamin E, this mask will fix that fast. Layer it on for 20 minutes for a shot of hydration, then tissue off (or leave it on overnight for a deep treatment).
- To buy: $90, anthropologie.com.
Oily: First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Purifying Mask With Red Clay
- Calling all of those with congested complexions—this mask contains red clay to suck out dirt, bacteria, and oil. It also has rosemary leaf oil to tone, glycerin to moisturize, and antioxidants like licorice root and white tea to protect against free radicals. Plus, it's fun to use. Apply a thin layer on clean, dry skin and let sit for 20 minutes. Then pick a side and gently peel it off in one piece to reveal cleaner, clearer skin. Rinse off any residue with warm water.
- To buy: $30, sephora.com.
Acne-Prone: Neutrogena Light Therapy Acne Mask
- Don’t be freaked out by this space age-looking light mask. Light therapy is usually an in-office treatment, but, thanks to this new mask, you can now reap the benefits at home—and for a lot less money. The blue light targets acne-causing bacteria while the red light reduces inflammation. Simply put the mask on over clean skin and press go on the remote control to start your 10-minute session. Each mask holds a charge for 30 sessions. Plus, a little window for your eyes means you can go about your social media browsing or Netflix binge.
- To buy: $35, target.com.
Dull: Kiehl’s Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque
- Feel like you always look tired? Wake up your skin with this energizing mask. Turmeric treats skin imperfections and helps brighten, while cranberry, which is rich in antioxidants, prevents particles in the air from weighing you down. Plus it contains crushed cranberry seeds to help exfoliate dead skin cells for a skin-softening, instant radiance boost.
- To buy: $32, kiehls.com.
Uneven: Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask
- In-office peels can be costly and even irritating. Before going the professional route, give this at-home mask a whirl. Made with potent pomegranate enzymes for a deep clean, French pink clay to detoxify, and white willow to speed up cell turnover, it delivers a brighter skin tone without any scrubbing or harsh chemicals. Once a week, apply a thick layer onto clean skin, leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water. You can also use it as a spot treatment on blemishes overnight.
- To buy: $58, sephora.com.
Redness: Mario Badescu Healing & Soothing Mask
- For those days when your skin is basically screaming at you (think red and irritated), try this mask. Made with oatmeal, the creamy formula instantly calms inflamed skin while zinc oxide absorbs excess oil. Olive leaf extract and biotin offer hydration and prevent damage from environmental aggressors like pollution. Slather it on clean skin and wait 20 minutes before rinsing.
- To buy: $20, nordstrom.com.