These Travel-inspired Zoom Backgrounds Will Make It Look Like You're Working From Paradise
While many of us have adapted to working from home with ease others have truly struggled, and sometimes with hilarious results. Just taking a look at Twitter it's easy to amass a few hilarious horror stories of our new world of Zoom meetings. Like this woman, whose entire office got a peek into her home life:
Or this woman, who gave her partner's coworkers quite the show:
Or this fine lady, who let her cat attend meetings for her:
And this guy, who face planted in front of everyone:
Yes, Zoom life is different, and a little hard, and sometimes very, very funny. But there is one easy way to make it all just a little bit more enjoyable and that's with Zoom backgrounds. Specifically, backgrounds of your favorite destinations.
For example, the company created this lovely background of St. Barts noting, "We all dream of being transported to June, where you can take a conference call from this stunning, sun-soaked deck looking out at St. Barts lush landscape--glass of rosé in hand, of course."
And this photo from a poolside hangout at the Australian enclave of Clontarf Villa in Sydney.
Travel lovers can also appear to be taking their Zoom meetings right from Paris at the Rue Quincampoix, a 17th century home that was built at the beginning of the reign of Louis XIV.
Or, those Zoom meetings can take place slope-side in Aspen.
Of course, sometimes workers need to "travel" to New York for meetings, making this Central Park background the perfect fit.
Want to download one of the backgrounds? Here's how it works.
- Download the Zoom app for Mac or Windows
- Open the app and sign in
- In the upper right corner, click your profile picture and then click on "Settings"
- In the left menu, click "Virtual Background" (if you don't see this, log in to the Zoom website, go to "Settings" and toggle on "Virtual Background")
- In the "Virtual Background" menu, click the (+) icon
- Select and upload your new background from Gray Malin or OneFineStay. Then, start your virtual travel Zooms and never look back.