Hotels.com Is Launching an 11-minute Apollo 11 Anniversary Sale — Here's How to Save
Tuesday, June 16 marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch that brought humans to the moon. And, because this was such a momentous event for all of human history, everyone wants to celebrate, including Hotels.com.
The hotel search engine is launching a flash sale on Tuesday at exactly 9:32 a.m. EST, which marks the very minute the Apollo 11 rocket launched. Though not as huge as landing on the moon, the sale will still be a big one as Hotels.com is offering 50 percent off 11 “moon” properties across the globe.
The properties include:
- Mira Moon in Hong Kong
- Half Moon in Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Tiki Moon Villas, in Laie, Hawaii
- The Beach House Hotel, in Half Moon Bay, California
- Ochre Moon B&B, in Djugun, Australia
- Hotel Moonlight in London, United Kingdom
- Moonlo Hotel in Shanghai, China
- Moonlight Inn Guest House in Rome, Italy
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn in San Diego, California
- Inn at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, California
- Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri
However, the sale does come with a catch. The sale, like the rocket launch, will be over in a flash. The promotion will only be active for 11 minutes — an ode to the 11 in the spacecraft’s name — and will disappear from our stratosphere at 9:43 a.m. ET
So, if you want in you better be prepared. Head over to the links above, or to Hotels.com moon landing page, to check out each of the rooms and bookmark your favorite. Then, on Tuesday, head back and click book using the promo code BLASTOFF.
If you need more moon-inspired vacation ideas here are even more hotels going all-out for the major anniversary, along with a few places around the world to visit to feel like you’re on an entirely different planet.