When to Book for the Best Rates on Hotel Rooms
Finding great rates for hotels can be tricky, but an analysis by Expedia offers some helpful insights for travelers.
After looking at 2015 bookings across its sites, Expedia found that Sundays were the best day to book overall—especially for same-day bookings, though results change the more days there are between the date of booking and the date of the stay.
The lowest average daily rates were available from 21 to 28 days before travel dates. Meanwhile, November and January had the lowest daily average rates, while July, August, and March had the highest.
For example, neighborhoods like Tower Hill, Shoreditch, Hoxton, Liverpool Street, Canary Wharf, and Dalston can serve as money-savings destinations in London, while some of New York City’s cheaper spots include the Financial District and Queens.
Here are additional suggestions from Expedia for the neighborhoods to look for cheaper rates in popular destinations around the world:
- In Berlin, Germany: Adlershof
- In Singapore: Arab Street, East Coast
- In New Orleans, Louisiana: Garden District
- In Miami, Florida: Fort Lauderdale
- In San Francisco, California: Oakland, Napa, or Sonoma
- In Seattle, Washington: Tacoma
- In Barcelona, Spain: Sant Martí
- In Paris, France: La Défense
- In Venice, Italy: Mestre
- In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Penang, Cenang Beach, Langkawi
- In Sydney, Australia: Chippendale, Manly