This Season’s 52 Cutest Gifts for Children
Until this year, parents were limited to a combination of mass retailers and brick and mortars if they wanted to crank out their holiday shopping for their littles.
When shopping for ourselves, we're inundated with editorially curated sites from Net-a-Porter and Farfetch to Moda Operandi — making holiday shopping simple. The luxury kids industry, however, lacked the same kind of aggregated online marketplace, making shopping for your kids a never-ending game of hide and seek.
Related: Gifts for Kids Who Love to Travel
Frustrated by their own experiences shopping as mothers, long-time friends and former Vogue editors Sylvana Ward Durrett and Luisana Mendoza de Roccia launched luxury children’s e-tailer Maisonette, an expertly curated site for all things mini.
From clothing and accessories to home decor and toys, Maisonette is the one-stop-shop for hard-to-find children’s brands and independent boutiques from all over the world. So close out the 16 tabs you have open and spare yourself the trip to Toys ”R” Us this holiday season because you won’t find any of these gifts there.
Below, Sylvana and Luisana share their favorite picks for this season's best kids' gifts, all available on Maisonette.com.
Luisana: “We love the idea of taking winter whites up a notch by infusing chic, silvery metallics to their apparel and toys. Obsessed with those Hello Shiso polar bear hair clips!”
1. Calisson Little Royals Winter Boots, $84.
2. Flora and Henri Cardigan, $154.
3. Kate Holstein Photograph, $438.
4. Mischa Lampbert hat, $190.
5. EGG by Susan Lazar hat and bootie, $70.
6. Chronicle Books The Wish Tree Book, $17.
7. Bebe Organic Romper Pants, $100.
8. Finger in the Nose Puffer, $286.
9. Hello Shiso Hair Clips, $14.
10. Freshly Picked Moccasins, $68.
11. Areaware Silver Rattle, $110.
Sylvana: “Add some color to their lives with fun art, toys and games in every color of the rainbow. We’re especially loving this heart-shaped purse by GAIA Empowered Women. All GAIA Empowered Women bags are handmade by refugee women resettled in Dallas. Any brand that helps cultivate a brighter future for women is a brand we want to get behind — with our daughters, no less.”
1. PlanToys Rocking Pegasus, $119.
2. Loog Guitars Guitar, $199.
3. Little Lux Necklace, $25.
4. Chronicle Books MoMa Coloring Book, $17.
5. Globe Mash Ups Skateboard, $125.
6. GAIA Empowered Women Purse, $44.
7. Aviator Nations Hoodie, $106.
8. Hansel from Basel Socks, $9.
9. Playforever Car, $30.
10. tokyobike Bike, $295.
Luisana: “For a cozy night in during the holidays (and beyond), we’re loving holiday-inspired gifts like this classic PJ set by Petite Plume.”
1. Petite Plume Gingham Pajamas, $58.
2. Moulin Roty, $85.
3. Ooh No Toy Pram, $155.
4. Juniper Books Classics Set, $225.
5. Christian Ulbricht Nutcracker, $189.
6. Studio MME Embroidery Kit, $25.
7. Chronicle Books Train Puzzle, $15.
8. Milton & Goose Play Kitchen, $499.
9. ChildrenChic Velvet Mary Janes, $54.
10. PlanToys Victorian Dollhouse, $330.
Tiny Tree Hugger
Sylvana: “Stock up on camping apparel and gear for your outdoorsy adventurer. He’ll be wearing those Albetta bear slippers all winter long.”
1. Albetta Bear Slippers, $27.
2. Fiona Walker England Fox Animal Head, $144.
3. Pamplemousse Peluches Bear, $82.
4. Stella McCartney Overalls, $124.
5. Fantashion Crossbow & Arrow, $39.
6. Hella Slingshots Slingshot, $40.
7. Oeuf Hat, $56.
8. Brother Vellies Booties, $95.
9. Hazel Village Raccoon, $50.
10. Bruder John Deere Frontleader, $62.
Luisana: “Foster your globe-trotting mini with travel-inspired gifts. How cute is our exclusive Maisonette x Paravel canvas bag with one-of-a-kind patches? It’s the perfect bag for you and your growing travelers to enjoy for years to come!”
1. Sweat Bear Co. Coat, $149.
2. Poppy Gift Basket, $130.
3. Oso & Me Dress, $96.
4. Mr. Boddington’s Studio Art Print, $22.
5. Paravel x Maisonette Stowaway, $390.
6. Juniper Books Travel Series Set, $200.
7. Oeuf Taxi Pillow, $100.
8. Airplane Tin Toy, $15.
9. Magnetic London City Set, $44.
10. Aigle Rainboots, $59.
11. Chronicle Books Book, $22.