This Disney Recipe Has 5 Kinds of Ice Cream and a Whole Can of Whipped Cream — and It Looks Delicious (Video)
Disney's Kitchen Sink sundae is an over-the-top, family-sized mountain of dessert with 28 ingredients — here's how to make it at home.
Five kinds of ice cream, every topping and syrup imaginable, and a full can of whipped cream make the Kitchen Sink ice cream sundae the most indulgent dessert you can find at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Available only at the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, this 28-ingredient sundae is what every kid dreams of: a mountain of ice cream, cookies, cake, and candy, piled high to share with a few close friends.
Disney unveiled the recipe for this over-the-top, family-sized treat on the Disney Parks Blog this week, so now you can make your own Kitchen Sink sundae at home. Theme park fans are counting down the days until Disney reopens after closing in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic — and that day might come sooner than we thought. Last week, Disney Springs at Walt Disney World began its phased reopening, and Universal Orlando, Central Florida’s second-largest theme park resort, announced that it will reopen to the public on June 5.
Related: More Disney news
To keep the Disney magic alive while the parks are still closed, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite at-home Disney activities, including a few of the most iconic Disney recipes. Here’s how to make the Kitchen Sink sundae, according to the Disney Parks Blog.
Kitchen Sink From Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1/2 cup warm fudge topping
- 1/2 cup warm butterscotch topping
- 1/2 cup warm peanut butter topping
- 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ inches x 1 1/4 inches), quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake (3 inches x 1 1/2 inches), quartered
- 2 generous scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 generous scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 generous scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 generous scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 generous scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry topping
- 1/4 cup pineapple topping
- 14-ounce can dairy whipped topping
- 1 large brownie (6 inches x 6 inches), quartered
- 1 regular-sized candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon crushed chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices, about 2 large slices
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries
- Pour hot fudge, butterscotch, and peanut butter toppings into a large bowl.
- Layer banana slices and cupcake pieces over toppings. Top with all ice creams.
- As quickly as possible, spoon chocolate syrup, marshmallow cream, strawberry, and pineapple toppings over ice cream.
- Cover completely with dairy whipped topping. Tuck brownie pieces, candy bar pieces, and cookies in whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds, dark and white chocolate shavings, crushed cookies, jellied orange slices, milk chocolate chip morsels, peanut butter morsels, chocolate sprinkles, and rainbow sprinkles. Top with cherries.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder, while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.