How to Make Meghan Markle’s Favorite Holiday Cocktail at Home
The Duchess of Sussex is all about getting into the holiday spirit — and she once shared her tips on hosting the perfect Christmas.
Speaking to Grazia in 2015, Meghan Markle shared her go-to decorations, which included garlands placed around mirrors and all-white flowers in low vases. She also shared her favorite side dishes — including a recipe for maple glazed potato wedges — for Christmas dinner with friends.
But most importantly, she shared the recipe for the almond spiced cocktail that she serves to guests during the holidays.
Here's the full recipe.
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk (you can make your own by blending raw almonds with milk and straining it)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- tsp cardamom
- 1tsp of powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp of clove
- 6-8 dried dates soaked in water
- your favorite bourbon
- cinnamon sticks for garnish.
1. Blend all ingredients (except the alcohol) in a powerful blender and then move to a small saucepan.
2. Heat at a low temperature until heated and then add 4-6 ounces into the pot depending on your friends' palates.
3. Pour each drink and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
4. If you prefer this drink cold, then omit the heating and shake it hard in a cocktail shaker and serve in champagne glasses with a cinnamon/sugar rim on the glass. Super pretty and equally delicious!
Before she became royal, Markle would regularly share her favorite food and beverage recipes in press interviews and on her lifestyle blog, The Tig. In fact, the duchess even named the blog after her favorite wine, Tignanello.
"My sip of that wine was my first moment of understanding the nuance people had always described in wine — the tasting notes, the layers," the former actress told Eye Swoon. "It was such an ah-ha moment, so I took the nickname 'Tig' and translated it for all of those moments of getting it."
The duchess and Prince Harry will likely be spending Christmas at their California home with their son Archie. It will be the second year that the couple spends it without the royal family, after opting to spend it with Markle's mother, Doria Ragland, in Los Angeles last year.
This story was originally published on Business Insider.