If your idea of the ideal summer day is spending it taking in the sun from a rooftop bar with a drink in hand, you'll want to listen up — especially if your summer cocktail of choice is a Moscow Mule.
The PHD Terrace and the PHD Lounge in New York City are offering Moscow Mules larger than any you've ever seen in your life. They're so big, in fact, you're going to need a few friends to help finish one off. This particular cocktail weighs in at 10 pounds and contains 164 ounces of deliciousness.
You can order this drink at the Terrace — which you can find at the Dream Midtown — and the Lounge — located at the Dream Downtown. It's going to set you back $185, but remember, you're splitting with friends.
Want to know how to make it at home? Drew Sweeney, the beverage director of Dream Hotels New York, shared the recipe with us. Don't try and drink this one alone, friends.
- 18 oz. vodka or tequila, preferably Belvedere vodka or Casamigos Blanco tequila
- 3 oz. lime juice
- 1 1/2 bottles of Owen's All Natural Mule Mix
- Copper Moscow Mule Mug (Remember: you'll need one big enough to fit all of the liquid)
- Squeeze the lime juice into your cup
- Add a couple scoops of ice into the cup (You can add more if needed)
- Pour in the vodka and Mule Mix
- Stir with a stirring rod
- Garnish with 4-5 lime wedges and springs of mint