The New York restaurateur serves up his packing wisdom.
As co-owner of Manhattan’s Eleven Madison Park and NoMad restaurants (and co-author, with chef Daniel Humm, of the cookbook I Love NY, out in April), Will Guidara travels often—and light. “I can fit four days in my duffel,” he says. “Some people overpack because they’re scared of stains, but I’d rather just buy a new shirt!” When Guidara takes tasting trips—Hong Kong, London, and Copenhagen are on deck—he tends to head straight from plane to table. “It’s so flattering when people show up with luggage. It means your restaurant is the first thing they want to experience.”
• “My Victorinox jacket ($2,250) has tons of pockets for small items (like bags of Goldfish, my go-to travel snack).”
• “We serve Intelligentsia coffee at E.M.P.—the house blend from Colombia and Peru. It’s the best.”
• “I love my twill-and- leather Ghurka duffel ($995). My dad had the all-leather version.”
• “Breaking in A.P.C. jeans ($185) is worth it: they’re sturdy and durable.”
• “Even jeans look better with my Ferragamo moccasins ($440).”