Double Your Points with New Starwood-Emirates Partnership
This week, Starwood Preferred Guest and Emirates Skywards announced a new "joint points" partnership called Your World Rewards. The partnership provides reciprocal benefits to elites of both loyalty programs when they fly with Emirates or stay at participating Starwood properties. Registration for the new partnership begins on Wednesday, November 19, 2014.
Emirates Skywards Silver, Gold, and Platinum members will earn 1 bonus Skywards mile per US dollar spent at Starwood hotels and resorts around the world, in addition to the SPG points earned for the stay. Emirates Skywards Gold and Platinum members will have access to SPG elite check-in, 4 p.m. check-out, and complimentary in-room Wi-Fi.
SPG Gold and Platinum members will earn 1 bonus Starpoint per US dollar spent when flying Emirates, in addition to the Skywards miles earned for the flight itself. SPG Platinum members will receive priority check-in and priority boarding with Emirates, as well as complimentary e-gate benefits.
This is a no-brainer for Emirates flyers who stay at SPG hotels and SPG members who fly on Emirates. Your World Rewards is a mutually beneficial partnership for two companies that have a vested interest in each other’s home territories. The Middle East in general is SPG’s third fastest-growing market (behind China and India), and after New York City, Starwood’s second-largest present market is the Emirates hub of Dubai.
This is not the first airline/hotel partnership (though it's the frist that includes an international carrier). Previously, Delta and United inked deals with SPG and Marriott, respectively.
Starwood Preferred Guest Elite Members Flying with Delta:
Bonus Points: SPG Gold and Platinum members will receive bonus Starpoints based on purchased Delta fares. As an SPG elite member, you must book a Delta marketed and operated flight (excluding bookings made through online travel agencies, e.g., priceline.com, expedia.com, booking.com, orbitz.com, elong.com) and will receive either:
• 1 Starpoint for every one U.S. dollar or its foreign equivalent spent on Delta fares (excluding taxes and fees), OR
• 500 Starpoints for special Delta fares, often referred to as unpublished fares, including but not limited to consolidator fares, tour, groups, merchant marine and cruise packages.
All segments of the flight must be Delta-marketed (e.g., has a DL flight number) and operated to qualify. A flight is not considered Delta-operated if it is operated by a SkyTeam, Delta codeshare, or other alliance partner carrier. SPG Platinum members will also be eligible for upgrades on Delta.
Delta Medallion Members Staying with Starwood:
-Bonus Miles: Delta Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond Medallion members will receive 1 SkyMile per $1 of eligible room revenue (so the room rate but not taxes)
-Hotel Recognition: Delta Platinum and Diamond Medallion members will receive elite check-in line access, free in-room high-speed internet access, late check-out.
MileagePlus members receive:
• Complimentary Gold Elite status in Marriott Rewards (open to MileagePlus Premier Gold members and above, registration required)
• All MileagePlus Premier members can convert their MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points at a 1:1 ratio, up to 50,000 miles per year.
• Convert Marriott Rewards points to MileagePlus miles at a 20% discount.
• Receive 10% more MileagePlus miles when you book the trip of a lifetime and redeem for a Marriott Rewards Travel Package–up to 12,000 more miles
Marriott Rewards members receive:
• Complimentary Premier Silver status in MileagePlus for Platinum Elite members and above (registration required)
• 20% discount when converting Marriott Rewards points MileagePlus miles (open to all members, registration not required)
• 10% more MileagePlus miles when redeeming Marriott Rewards points for flight and hotel Travel Packages (open to all members, registration not required)