Our favorite new fragrances are inspired by destinations near and far.
1. The windswept shores of England lie at the heart of Jo Malone’s Wood Sage & Sea Salt collection: a driftwood-and-white-musk base evokes rugged cliffs and ocean breezes. From $60.
2. Van Cleef & Arpels’ California Rêverie combines jasmine with beeswax, vanilla, and mandarin orange for a sunbaked scent that channels Big Sur. $185.
3. Acqua di Parma cultivated a special centifola rose in Piedmont, Italy, for Rosa Nobile Eau de Parfum. Added in: lily of the valley, peony, and violet, plus bergamot and pepper top notes. From $120.
4. On a trip to southwestern France, the founders of Fresh fell in love with the eponymous flower in Honeysuckle Eau de Parfum, blending it with magnolia, black currant, and peach. $88.
5. The Turkish damascena rose in Armani/Privé’s Rose d’Arabie Swarovski Edition instantly transports you to the Middle East. The potent extract is mixed with hints of patchouli, vanilla, and Arabian woods. Available in November; $460.
Katie James is an Editorial Assistant at Travel + Leisure. Follow her on Twitter at @kjames259.