While we eagerly await Sir Richard Branson to take us all to space on Virgin Galactic, a more imminent expansion of the Virgin travel empire is keeping us grounded.
In January, the company’s first Virgin Hotel will open in Chicago, and, like every Branson business venture, it is aiming to be more stylish and travel-friendly than the competition. A new video touting the opening gives a sneak peak at the “brilliant” things we can expect. Among the takeaways?
- No run-of-the-mill beds: Beds will raise and lower to make sitting up easier; a trundle bed for dogs will be available.
- Bedside electrical outlets for guests’ devices
- Free WiFi without bandwidth restrictions
- Room controls available on guests phones via the hotel’s app
- Oversized vanities
- No surprise fees at checkout (and no hyper-sensitive minibars that charge guests for simply removing objects)
The hotel, located within the city’s downtown Loop, and just across the river from heavy-hitters the Langham Chicago and Trump International Tower & Hotel, is accepting reservations for stays after January 15th.