TripAdvisor has announced the world's best landmarks to help you decide which famed cultural and historical sights to add to your bucket list.
The results are part of the travel site's 2017 Traveler's Choice awards and are based on both the quantity and quality of traveler reviews within the past 12 months.
With its grand and ancient architectural marvels, Angkor Wat in Cambodia took first place as the world’s most visited attraction.
Built in the early 12th century, the former Hindu and now Buddhist temple complex stands as the best preserved of the monuments that make up the Angkor Archeological Park, which spans some 100,000 acres, according to Cambodia’s tourism board.
The sight sits surrounded by a moat, while its interiors host more than 200 detailed paintings.
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center in Abu Dhabi followed in second place. Check out the full list of the top 10 landmarks below.
Top 10 landmarks in the world
1. Angkor Wat — Siem Reap, Cambodia
2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center — Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3. Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba — Cordoba, Spain
4. St. Peter's Basilica — Vatican City, Italy
5. Taj Mahal — Agra, India
6. Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood — St. Petersburg, Russia
7. Great Wall at Mutianyu — Beijing, China
8. Machu Picchu — Machu Picchu, Peru
9. Plaza de España — Seville, Spain
10. Duomo di Milano — Milan, Italy
TripAdvisor also broke down the top 10 landmarks in the United States, with San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge taking first place.
Spanning about 1.7 miles in length, the bridge is known for its Art Deco designs and magnificent views.
The Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. came in at second place. The full list of the nation's top 10 landmarks is below.
Top 10 landmarks in the U.S.
1. Golden Gate Bridge — San Francisco, California
2. Lincoln Memorial — Washington, D.C.
3. Alcatraz Island — San Francisco, California
4. Grand Central Terminal — New York City
5. Statue of Liberty — New York City
6. U.S.S. Arizona Memorial — Honolulu, Hawaii
7. Empire State Building — New York City
8. Rockefeller Center — New York City
9. St. Patrick's Cathedral — New York City
10. Biltmore Estate — Asheville, North Carolina