Barcelona's La Sagrada Familia Breaks A New Record
The travel website revealed that the attraction has a whopping 106,000 reviews, the most the company has ever seen, and a total score of 4.5, with close to half of the ratings giving it an "excellent" rating of five bubbles.
The UNESCO World Heritage site is one of the most popular attractions in Barcelona and is considered to be the most famous work of Antoni Gaudí thanks to its architectural marvels.
The basilica is famous for its soaring towers, intricate details, kaleidoscopic stained-glass windows, and impeccable views of the city. Gaudi worked on it until his death, though construction of the impressive attraction still continues some 100 years later, and is expected to be completed by 2026.
Commenters on TripAdvisor ranked La Sagrada Familia as the top thing to see in Barcelona, with a user saying: “sacred, can’t miss this in your itinerary.”
Other reviewers described it as “Gaudi’s best work, even unfinished; the lighting in the evening coming through the window is stunning.”
Marta Otzet, director of communications for the church, said in a press release that the Sagrada Familia saw a whopping 4.5 million visitors last year. TripAdvisor also sells priority access tickets to La Sagrada Familia that can be used to skip the line when taking a private guided tour.
Top 10 Most Reviewed Attractions on TripAdvisor
1. Basílica de la Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain—106,600 reviews
2. Eiffel Tower in Paris, France—98,976 reviews
3. Central Park in New York City—94,495 reviews
4. The Colosseum in Rome, Italy—94,085 reviews
5. The Louvre in Paris, France—71,415 reviews
6. The Fountains of Bellagio in Las Vegas, Nevada—65,886 reviews
7. The National September 11 Memorial & Museum in New York City—63,839 reviews
8. The Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy—58,999 reviews
9. The Top of the Rock in New York City—58,667 reviews
10. The London Eye in London, U.K.—57,142 reviews