Philadelphia Is Having a Harry Potter Festival This Weekend
This story originally appeared on FWx.com.
Do you feel like your letter from Hogwarts somehow got lost in the mail? If so, you can still get super wizardy this weekend. Friday October 21 and Saturday October 22, Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia will transform into Hogsmeade for a Harry Potter Conference and Quidditch Tournament.
Complete with a Defense Against the Dark Arts class and live owls, the festival offers copious ways to get your magic on.
Check out the list of activities and don’t forget your wand!
• Family Movie Night and Pizza Party
• Harry Potter Art Gallery-Opening Reception, with refreshments tonight 5-9 PM (during the Harry Potter pub crawl). 8614 Germantown Avenue
Related: The Best of Stacked
See the Brotherly Love Cup Quidditch Tournament
• Join the Harry Potter CityHUNT at 2:30 PM.
• Harry Potter Art Gallery 11 AM-5 PM 8614 Germantown Avenue
• Meet Harry Potter and friends
• Practice your skills at Defense Against the Dark Arts classes
• Find out which house you’re in at the Sorting Hat Demonstrations
• Take a FREE ride on the Knight Bus
• Get your fill of Butter Beer, Bertie Bott’s Beans, Muggles Brew, and more!
• All Day Thestral Rides and Pancake Feast
• Visit the shops of “Hogsmeade” (aka Chestnut Hill) selling all things for wizards and muggles!
• Enjoy hands-on activities at over a dozen Horcrux Stations
• Check out the Tri-Wizard Straw Maze at Woodmere Art Museum
• See Live Owls & Falcons
• Take your best selfie at Hedwig’s Hollow and 4 Privet Drive
• Have tea at Madame Puddifoot’s Tea Shoppe
• Join the fun at the J.S. Jenks Firebolt 5K
• Visit the School of Wizardry and Witchcraft
• Plus, Fortune Tellers, Face Painting, Games, Photo Booths, and more!
• Watch ‘The Hogwarts House Cup: Improv Challenge! Two houses face off in a head-to-head improv comedy competition to decide who is taking home the Hogwarts House Cup! Will the courageous performers of Gryffindor claim victory? Or will it be stolen out from under them by the cunning players of Slytherin?’
• The Muggles Read-a-thon: a public-reading of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban at Stagecrafters 8130 Germantown Avenue