Don’t miss this year’s Photoville, a 60-exhibition event set on the scenic Brooklyn waterfront.
Photoville, New York City’s largest photographic event, is back, having recently set up shop in a village of shipping containers on the Brooklyn waterfront. Inside this temporary village of corrugated steel are exhibitions that will transport you through time and around the world.
There are more than 60 exhibitions at the fourth annual Photoville, as well as nightly projection programs, panel discussions, workshops and artist lectures. If that’s not enough to convince your beau to join you, perhaps mention the beer garden featuring draughts from the local Brooklyn Brewery, or all the food vendors from Smorgasburg. Plus, it’s free and open to the public. All ages (and, yes, dogs) are welcome.
With so much on offer, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. We recommend starting with these exhibits, which are guaranteed to inspire your next travels.
1. Getty Images Legacy Collection
2. 2015 Getty Images Instagram Grant Recipients: Photographers Inaugural Exhibition
3. A Century on the Brooklyn Waterfront
4. Eugene Richards’ Red Ball of a Sun Slipping Down
5. Faces of the Ferry: One Day Aboard the East River Ferry
6. Flora & Fauna presented by photography website FeatureShoot
7. VSCO Artist Initiative
8. Photography in Ethiopia
Photoville is open Thursday, through Sunday. Complete hours are over at the official site.
Mariah Tyler is a digital photo editor at Travel+Leisure. You can follow her on Instagram at @mphbox.