The music supervisor behind shows like Grey's Anatomy and The O.C. shares her personal soundtrack for a day on the sand.
1. "Again and Again" The Bird and the Bee
Her voice is so lazy, beautiful, and summery.
2. "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding" Elvis Costello
Perfect for the drive to the beach...
3. "Sea Lion" Feist
"Infectiously fun; I just used it in Grey's."
4. "Come to me" Koop
Margarita music, if I've ever heard it.
5. "A Good Start" Maria Taylor
This is a mellow one for just chilling on the towel.
6. "Weekend a Go-Go" Moonbabies
A genius little pop confection; reminds me of those Gidget movies.
7. "Young Folks" Peter Bjorn and John
How can you go wrong with such a catchy whistle?
8. "Turn On Me" The Shins
Here's a pretty ballad for staring out at the waves.
9. "Put a Record On" Unkle Bob
A really dreamy pop song; will help you unwind.
10. "Alone Again" Illinois
Another contemplative indie rock song. I guess I'm not that into partying on the beach!