A look at a fashion icon's travel essentials.
Whether she's navigating the streets of Moscow or hiking the Brazilian island of Fernando de Noronha, Diane von Furstenberg always packs a little glamour, and she has created pieces with this jet-setting sensibility in mind. Among them are her iconic wrap dress (it "works for every occasion, folds easily, and doesn't wrinkle") and a line of luggage that is as sturdy as it is chic. Even the bracelet from her jewelry line for H. Stern, engraved with the sutras she recites while meditating, gives a nod to her globe-trotting ways. "I meditate to stay grounded," she says. Here, a look at a few more of her travel essentials.
• To sleep comfortably in any foreign bed, von Furstenberg likes to wear the embroidered caftans she picked up from a market in India. "They make every hotel room feel like home."
• "My skin becomes dry when I travel," the designer admits. "I swear by Tracie Martyn Firming Serum. It helps me stay hydrated, regardless of the climate."
• Von Furstenberg stays connected to her business with a Sony Vaio laptop. "It's light and easy to carry."
• "I wear Christian Louboutin shoes everywhere I am in the world," says von Furstenberg, who is known for pounding the pavement in her friend's steep, stiletto heels. "They are comfortable and stylish."
• Von Furstenberg keeps her life organized in her Hermès agenda. "I prefer it to anything electronic, because I can make changes easily."