You don’t need to be a New Yorker to know that Williamsburg is Brooklyn’s hottest hood—so it’s hardly a surprise that the area lays claim to the borough’s only exciting hotels. But that’s starting to change. Here are five reasons to be excited about the just-opened Dazzler Brooklyn—aside from its location right near the Manhattan Bridge.
- Beautifully appointed rooms. Each of the 174 Clo-th Interiors-designed rooms may be on the small side (ranging from 250-450 square feet), but they’re thoughtfully designed to feel spacious and welcoming. Among our favorite details are the gray-and-white stenciled headboards, original millwork details, and hand-woven jute rugs that lend a residential feel. Also great: DIY pour over coffee service, and bronze orb-shaped reading lights—which make it so that you’ll never want to get out of bed.
- An indoor-outdoor beer garden. Opening in September, the patio on the second floor will become a convivial space for brews and light bites, fulfilling a neighborhood need not just for travelers but for locals as well.
- Proximity to great local restaurants, ranging from Shake Shack to the prix fixe, impossible-to-book Brooklyn Fare (along with easy access to nearly every single subway line).
- Free Wi-Fi. It’s the no-brainer amenity every good hotel should have—and that many overlook. But here, the high-speed service will be good enough for streaming movies without costing you a penny.
- The rock-bottom prices. As part of its opening promotion, the Dazzler is offering rates at low as $179. And even without that deal, prices will hover in the low $200’s—a total steal for New York, in general.