Virginia Travel Guide
Just below the nation’s capital are miles of beautiful rolling countryside dotted with amazing sights and rich history. Here visitors can find everything from horse farms, vineyards, incredible restaurants, artist havens and excellent shopping. Visit Virginia to experience both America’s past and future.
Things Not to Miss in Virginia
• Experience colonial life at the real-life replica of Williamsburg, Virginia
• Sip on wine at Barboursville Vineyards outside of Charlottesville
• Wander through historic Old Town Alexandria
• Hike in beautiful Shenandoah Valley
• Visit Thomas Jefferson’s exquisite home, Monticello
When to Go to Virginia
Virginia travel is ideal for winter sports enthusiasts, with miles of ski trails and several world-class resorts. Fall is also an ideal time to visit, when the temperatures have cooled down and Virginia puts on a show with miles of fall foliage. Travel to Virginia during the fourth of July and enjoy the fireworks display.
Outdoor enthusiasts will love visiting Virginia any time of the year. It is easy to explore the natural beauty of Virginia. During the summer plan a visit to Virginia Beach or a resort vacation at the Hot Springs Spa. Visitors are sure to fall in love with this destination in any season.