Things to do in Singapore
Though the city isn't especially strong on art museums and other cultural institutions, when you visit Singapore there are still plenty of urban distractions to keep you occupied. If you make it to all the other stops in our Singapore travel guide, take a day trip to neighboring Sentosa Island and hit the beach.
- Orchard Road. For many Singapore travel means one thing: shopping. Here you'll find many of the best boutiques and department stores in Asia.
- Singapore Zoo. One of the world's outstanding zoos and conservation centers, even travelers without kids in tow will want to see the rainforest exhibits when they visit Singapore.
- Raffles Hotel. The colonial atmosphere of the days when the British ruled Singapore live on at the legendary Raffles.
- Night Market. Of Singapore's many night markets, Bugis Street is one of the most popular. Stalls sell souvenirs, street food, and fresh juices to locals and tourists.
- Botanic Gardens. For more than 150 years, the Botanic Gardens have provided an oasis of green in bustling Singapore, while also being an important research center from the British era to the present day.
Explore things to do in Singapore for more options.