Things to do in Oklahoma City
While visiting Oklahoma City, you may enjoy these attractions:
- Tour the 3.3 acre outdoor memorial Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum and experience the April 19, 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal building. Watch news footage and view artifacts found among the rubble of the sanctuary visited by more than half a million people annually.
- Visit Bricktown, the former warehouse district that is now a busy entertainment and dining area. See a production at Harkins Theatre.
- If you are a sports enthusiast you might want to catch a ball game at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, or go the Chesapeake Energy Arena for one of the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Take a walk or bike ride along Bricktown Canal, take cruise on the Bricktown Water Taxi.
- Catch a performance or see the displays at the American Banjo Museum.
- Visit the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.
- See the animal displays at Oklahoma City Zoo.
- Ride the roller coaster Frontier City amusement park.
- Tour Oklahoma City's Science Museum in the middle of Oklahoma City's Adventure District. Try out the interactive displays. They are educational and entertaining for all ages. Don't forget to set aside some time for the Planetarium.
- Take a guided tour of the Oklahoma State Capitol Building.
- Tour the 844-foot Devon Tower.