Restaurants in The Amalfi Coast
Octopus, mussels, and all kinds of fish crop up on the menus of most Amalfi Coast restaurants, many of which afford fantastic people watching on cobbled streets or views of the water. More intrepid foodies won’t mind venturing off the beaten track to seek out some of the best restaurants on the Amalfi Coast that lie outside of the more touristed areas. This is the kind of place where you’ll want to have a few gems in your back pocket, but exploring is half the fun. It’s worth noting that quite a few regional white wines are coming into their own, so it’s worth sampling your host’s recommendation along with your meal. Buon appetito.
- Reserve a table under the open loggia at Eolo, in Amalfi; the views are spectacular.
- Best known for its zuppa di pesce (fish soup), Da Gemma, in Amalfi, has an outdoor terrace that affords prime people watching.
- The menu at La Torre in Salerno features traditional Italian fare.
- In Positano, Lo Scoglio is a glass pavilion built on top of a wooden jetty with a fountain directly in the center.
- At Donna Rosa, a family-owned Amalfi Coast restaurant, the menu changes frequently and reservations are imperative.
Explore restaurants in Italy for more options.