Montenegro Travel Guide
The new Monaco, the Pearl of the Mediterranean: whatever you want to call it, Montenegro is a paradise of pink sand beaches, gorgeous mountains, and world class restaurants. Located on the Adriatic Sea, the country gives you plenty of things to do during your vacation in this newly-minted country. Plan your escape with this in-depth Montenegro travel guide.
Although the world has flocked to neighboring Croatia, Montenegro remains relatively unspoiled. It’s known for its natural beauty: pink and white sand beaches, soaring mountains, rush-ing rivers. But the country is also the site of eye-catching historical architecture. Immerse yourself in its culture by visiting some of its most famous sites when you travel to Montenegro.
Things Not to Miss in Montenegro
• Head to the north coast region of Montenegro, where you'll find an ancient town and luxury marina.
• Enjoy the natural beauty of Valdanos, which has olive groves and a pebble beach.
• Visit Montenegro's northern region to stay at a ski resort or look at one of the deepest canyons in the world.
• Explore time-capsule medieval towns packed with Byzantine churches and Venetian-style palaces.
• See some of the most breathtaking views of the country by visiting Mount Lovcen.
• Check out the sea caves at Ladies Beach when you visit Montenegro.
When to Go to Montenegro
Like every other Mediterranean country, Montenegro enjoys gorgeous weather: 240 days of sunlight and 180 days of good swimming per year. You can avoid the crowds by visiting coastal towns during June and September. If you are staying in one of the interior towns, plan your Montenegro travel for sometime between April and September. The temperatures are milder in these areas.