Restaurants in Milwaukee + Lake Michigan Area
German cuisine and fabulous pub grub are not the only great meals to be had in Milwaukee: the best restaurants in Milwaukee (some in posh hotels and parks) reflect the city's well-established diversity:
- La Merenda. This tapas bar extends beyond the normal Spanish fare with small plates from a myriad of international cuisines.
- Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro. Tucked amid the lush landscaping of Lake Park, this sophisticated French bistro offers upscale dining (and sumptuous Sunday brunches) with views of Lake Michigan.
- Karl Ratzsch's Old World Restaurant. Schnitzel, sauerbraten and waitresses in dirndls make this place, which dates to 1904, a classic among Milwaukee restaurants.
- .Milwaukee Chop House. Serving up classic steaks, chops and seafood in a chic steakhouse setting, this Milwaukee restaurants is also known for its award-winning wine list.
- Milwaukee Ale House. Located in the historic Third Ward area-and along the city's River Walk— this brewpub is proof that the beer industry in town has not stagnated. You can enjoy local craft brews that include IPAs, Belgian ales and Irish oatmeal stouts.
Explore restaurants in Wisconsin for more options.