Hilton Head travel has a lot to offer. Hilton Head Island is located in South Carolina, near historic Savannah, Georgia. It is a popular destination for golf enthusiasts, as well as beach and boating enthusiasts.
Things Not to Miss in Hilton Head
• Visit the Penn Center for their exhibit on Gullah culture, the unique culture of enslaved Africans and their descendants in this specific region of the country.
• The Coastal Discovery Museum, located in Hilton Head’s visitor’s center, lets visitors explore the region’s history and interesting ecology.
• Hilton Head is home to fantastic golf courses that are a must for lovers of the green.
• Oceanfront activities range from fishing charters and ocean snorkeling to simply lounging on the beautiful beaches.
• An authorized Hilton Head travel guide can take you on dolphin or sea turtle watching trips.
When to Go to Hilton Head
Thanks to its Southern coastal location, it is hard to find a bad time to visit Hilton Head. Thanks to the Gulf Stream, the water is warm year-round, and the sole period of risky weather is in the spring, when golf outings could get rained out. Tourists flood the town in the summer, and many people also travel to Hilton Head for major holidays throughout the year.