Hanoi Travel Guide
Travel to Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, to experience a delicious mix of East and West, where Sino-Vietnamese tradition converges with a powerful French influence to produce a unique, enchanting city with an atmosphere all its own.
Things Not to Miss in Hanoi
• Visiting the city’s numerous temples
• Strolling through Hoan Kiem Lake, a beautiful park located in the center of town
• Spending a day museum hopping; don’t miss the Vietnamese Women’s Museum, the Ho Chi Minh Museum, the Fine Arts Museum and the Army Museum
• Watching a traditional Vietnamese art performance at the Golden Bell Show theater
• Learning how to make traditional Vietnamese cuisine by taking a cooking class at the Vietnam Culinary School
When to Go to Hanoi
While the city enjoys a tropical climate, because of the city’s location, winter temperatures can drop significantly in the winter, so it’s best not to visit Hanoi then. Also keep in mind: summers in the city are typically an uncomfortably hot and humid affair, so if possible, make your Hanoi travel plans sometime during the spring or autumn months.