Caribbean News: Baha Mar Rising
At T+L, we couldn’t be more thrilled about Baha Mar—the $3.5 billion resort project that opens December 2014 in the Bahamian Riviera. A few reasons why:
• 2,200 gorgeous hotel rooms in five new hotels: a Rosewood, Mondrian, Morgans, Hyatt, and the Baha Mar Casino.
• An uber-luxe ESPA with 30,000 square feet for pampering.
• First-rate local art throughout the property, thanks to a partnership with the National Art Gallery of the Bahamas.
• 8,000 new jobs for Bahaman citizens, and an estimated $11.2 million added to the country’s GDP over a 20-year period.
• Oh, and did we mention Bahaman Lenny Kravitz is helping design the nightclub?
Learn more at bahamar.com.
Kathryn O'Shea-Evans is an associate editor at Travel + Leisure.