Mediterranean Surf package includes:
• Four nights in a Deluxe room.
• Daily surf lessons at nearby Banana Beach.
• 30 minute massages after each surf lesson.
Cost: $1,600 ($400 per night), double, February 1–March 30.
If you’ve ever wanted a close-up with your baseball team’s history, this January is your chance. The Inn at Cooperstown is getting into the swing of things in 2015 with a new partnership with the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
West Bali Sojourn package includes:
• Four nights in a Mountain Pool Villa.
• Two 60-minute Balinese massages.
• Yoga classes surrounded by volcanic sand beaches and rice paddies.
• Return airport transfers included.
Cost: $1,628 ($407 per night), double, January 6-March 31.
Booking Code: T+L Deal
Who doesn't love a great travel offer? Here, a few Cyber Monday deals to keep the travel spirit alive through the holidays and into 2015.
The Westin New York at Times Square:
The deal: Up to 20% off with rates starting from just $199 per night (based on availability and excluding taxes)
Available: until 12/7/14
Valid for stays through Feb. 1, 2015
For reservations, click here.
Sun Break package includes:
• Seven nights at the three-bedroom Villa Rita, in the town of Cefalù.
• Learn to make traditional Sicilian pastas and desserts during two private cooking classes with a local chef.
• A wine tasting at a local winery
• A guided tour of Cefalù, a medieval-walled port town
Cost: $2,145 ($306 per night), for six guests; book by January 31.
Booking details: Valid for travel from March 1–May 30. Use code L&TIT4U
Sunset Getaway package includes:
• Two nights in a Traditional room.
• Spot dolphins on a 90-minute sunset boat tour.
• Free upgrade based on availability.
Cost: $398 ($199 per night), double. November 1–December 31.
Recipe for Relaxation package includes:
• Two nights in a Traditional room
• A “chef-in-training” class at the on-site Cook Academy
• A welcome treat from the resort’s bakery
• Access to the spa facilities, which include sauna, steam rooms, and relaxation lounges
Cost: $349 ($175 per night)
Book now for travel between October 1 and December 19.
Life on the Edge package includes:
• Two nights in a standard king room
• Spot four states—Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan—from the Ledge, an all-glass observation deck on the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower
• Two $10 breakfast vouchers
• Craft cocktails at the Berkshire room
• Two passes to the TILT Observation Deck
Cost: $438 ($219 per night)
Book now for travel between October 1 and November 30.
The Athenaeum Hotel—small, warm, stylish—puts you at the very heart of London: a walk through Green Park across the street takes you to Buckingham Palace; a short stroll up Piccadilly lands you at Fortnum & Mason or the Wolsely or peering through the window at Ladurée.
See London (and the Atheneum) this September with an exclusive deal for T+L readers from the Athenaeum:
• Overnight accommodations with an upgrade to the next available room-category
• Complimentary wi-fi, mini-bar, and use of the spa, gym, and hot tubs
• Kids 12 and under can eat for free with an adult and all meals are 20% off during your stay
Rates begin at £249 ($410) per night, plus VAT. Good for stays throughout September.
For more information or to book, visit the Athenaeum online or call +44 (0)20 7499 3464; use booking code OUR GIFT TO T+L.
Ann Shields is a senior digital editor at Travel + Leisure. You can find her on Twitter at @aegisnyc.
Photo courtesy of the Athenaeum
From a culinary retreat in Buenos Aires to a Wild West adventure in Texas, T+L serves up ample inspiration for a late summer getaway.
Last winter, we loved Switzerland’s creative “pay what you want” hotel initiative—and for three weeks this summer, Paris is following in its neighbor’s footsteps. Now through August 10—peak high season—five Right Bank hotels in the City of Light are letting guests spend the night and then decide what they think their experience is worth.