The jet-setting hotel designer is never ruffled on the road.
“I am the most compact packer,” says Grace Leo, founder and CEO of GLA Hotels. Leo is ever on the move, overseeing projects in such far-flung destinations as Caracas, Venezuela, and Jakarta, Indonesia. Her travel style is globally sourced (case in point: the monogrammed Lorenza Bellora canvas tote she purchased in a shop at the foot of the Spanish Steps in Rome). She recently relocated to Manhattan to supervise the $30 million renovation of Millennium Hotels & Resorts’ One UN New York (1 United Nations Plaza; $$$), but Paris is her true home. “I search for antiques at the Marché Paul Bert on Sundays. One good piece can inspire an entire project.”
• “I love this soft leather blouson from All Dressed Up, in Singapore.”
• “Big rings, like this one by Verney, make an immediate impression.”
• Adriano Goldschmied jeans ($168) have great stretch.
• “My silk scarf from Crimson, in Paris, keeps me warm on chilly flights.”
• Pure comfort: leopard-print calf-hair flats by Russell & Bromley ($314).