Today Only: 2-for-1 $129 Virgin Flights to Cabo or Cancun
In Los Angeles or San Francisco? It’s a good day to multitask. How often can you save Chihuahuas, eat tacos, and score a very affordable Mexican vacation all at the same time?
Virgin America has just announced new service to Cabo and Cancun from LAX and SFO starting this December. To celebrate, they’re offering everyone special $129 fares from those airports to Mexico for the next three days.
Now the tricky part: If you happen to be passing through the airport in LA or San Francisco OR if you happen by a Virgin America promotional taco trucks parked in those cities, you can score 2-for-1 tacos (yum!) and 2-for-1 tickets to Cancun or Cabo.
How to score 2-for-1 tacos and/or 2-for-1 airfares:
- Download a free Loopt Star iPhone app here or here. Loopt Star allows you to check in at participating bars, shops, and restaurants to score discounts and exclusives
- In San Francisco, anytime between 11 am and 3 pm PST, head to the the Los Compadres taco truck parked at 100 Folsom Street, find the Virgin America people, and check in on Loopt Star
- In Los Angeles, between 11 am and 3 pm PST, head to 7060 Hollywood Boulevard, find the Virgin Atlantic employees at the Border Grill taco truck, and check in on Loopt Star.
- Get your tacos and tickets!
- If you’re at the airports, just check-in with Loopt Star. No tacos, alas, but the airfare special will save you enough for lots and lots of tacos when you arrive south of the border
Where do the Chihuahuas come in? Proceeds from every taco sold today go to the Chihuahua rescue efforts of the San Francisco Animal Care and Control. (Remember the big Chihuahua airlift that Virgin America participated in last fall?)
So don’t let the suspension of Mexicana flights harsh your mellow Mexican winter vacation plans: save a Chihuahua and score a flight today.
Ann Shields is an online senior editor at Travel + Leisure.
Photo courtesy of Virgin America/ ben eye.