Q: We are hotel-hopping through europe and we want to be prepared for mixed weather. any suggestions for lightweight outerwear? —Julia Stuopelis, via e-mail
A: Your best option for a fickle forecast: gear that packs into a pocket or pouch (see video below). Here, easy-to-stash coats and boots that offer protection from the elements or can be tossed into a tote or backpack during bouts of sunshine. Clockwise from left:
• Men’s reversible nylon jacket with stowing pocket, Victorinox.
• Men’s nylon windbreaker with stowing pocket by Swims.
• Men’s coated-cotton jacket with packable pocket, K-Way by Marc Jacobs.
• Women’s reversible nylon parka and matching bag, Louis Vuitton.
• Rollable rubber-and-canvas wellies, Hunter.
• Women’s compressible down jacket and pouch, Moncler.