Take the Kids to Cape Cod for Winter Break
By Ann Shields
Winter break has a way of sneaking up on parents anyway, but a couple of snow days spent shooing kids away from computer screens makes the spectre of another long stretch of empty days at home unthinkable.
Arriving on the scene like a spandex-clad superhero is Cape Cod’s Sea Crest Beach Hotel. The recently renovated low-rise beachfront property ticks all the boxes for a winter family stay:
- Indoor pool (saltwater, easier on eyes and winter skin);
- Low-key, kid-friendly atmosphere;
- Clean and cheerful guestrooms;
- A gorgeous stretch of winter beach right out front for walks and games of catch and uninhibited use of outside voices;
- Nearby activities like the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute (the name of which happily doesn’t include the dreaded ‘museum’ word).
Best of all, the hotel has rates that start at $109 per night and that include daily activities for kids like cookie decorating, magic shows, and pizza parties. And yoga classes for parents so you can feel like a superhero, too.
The February Vacation Midweek Special is available from February 16-20 (the week of Presidents' Day) and February 23-27, and is subject to availability. For more information or to book, please visit Sea Crest Beach Hotel, or call (800) 225- 3110.
Ann Shields is a senior digital editor at Travel + Leisure.
Photo courtesy of Sea Crest Beach Hotel.